Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WB Contest - Win $50 (PayPal Only!)

Default WB Contest - Win $50 (PayPal Only!)

It's been awhile since I've had a contest here so I need to start revving this up again.

This one is going to work a little differently. Everyone is eligible and it's going to be a random draw. All you have to do is answer the question below. Please only enter/post ONE time and do not reply to others because it will skew the results so please read the terms before you post!

I will use random.org. So if there are 50 entries then I will put 1-50 and random.org will choose a number. If your post number matches the random.org number you win. Entry #1 will start with the first entry, this post does not count as entry #1.

ANSWER EITHER QUESTION OR BOTH:

What is the ONE strategy you wish you had paid more attention to about marketing your site?

OR...

What is the most difficult part of either building or marketing your site today?

The contest closes Friday, January 31st 2014 at 11:59 CT.

Terms:

* Winnings will be $50 USD value (PayPal Only)
    * If you do not live in the US, the $50 will be subject to currency conversions
    * If you cannot accept PayPal payments, another winner will be chosen
    * Entering more than once will disqualify you and IP addresses will be checked.
    * Website Babble reserves the right to amend the terms at any time
    * No Purchase Necessary
    * By entering you agree to the terms
    * There will only be one winner

Nice! I'd like to enter. I will answer the second question.

What is the most difficult part of either building or marketing your site today?

By far, the hardest thing for me is the transition from static content like text-on-pages to dynamic content, like videos. Writing content is easier for me, while creating a video takes time, planning, recording, editing, presentable clothes, and gelled-up hair.

What is the ONE strategy you wish you had paid more attention to about marketing your site?

I think for me is whether or not I should have pay more attention to offering my content through Feedburner. Or at least making it more accessible with Widgets and buttons. I guess I am under the impression that Feedburner is either losing relevance, or, doesn't apply to my niche audience. But I have those what-ifs. Never too late but I doubt I will ever do it.

oh heck yes. I'm so in!
    What a way to make people think lisa! great job!

I will do, both!

What is the ONE strategy you paid more attention to about marketing your site.
    ----I wish I had paid more attention to making videos. For several reasons, you have the ability to concentrate saturation of your brand or content on several already popular websites.

Also! increasing your link backs, though less useful still not un important.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The most difficult part of building a website today.

Original Beauty. Today, making a website is so streamlined. With Nebula sites, (Yola, Webs, weebly) and (CMS, Wordpress, Drupa, Joomla)

It's hard to make something thats both uniqiue and beautiful, the astetic advantages of said platforms have stuck to a format that is considered and widely accepted good looking, or functional, or useful.

Though! As time progresses we encounter people or websites that have mastered the art of unique beauty, and they are show a variety of success.

The hardest part about marketing a website site is to stand out. Some people don't like to read, some people don't have speakers or headphones to watch a video. Believe it or not the BLIND market has been completely ignored when it comes to websites; there is no website for a blind person. That being said there is not really any technology to support it. Though it is needed.

Perhaps I'm rambling but the best answer is, Originality, Astetics, and Market Isolation That is the hardest part.

Please delete the previous post. It double pasted on me and will not allow and edit.

This is a tough one, because marketing is what I do and focus on as well as being happy with how things are performing. But, I like the questions, because it forces a review and thought I may not otherwise have had. Keep in mind, my website markets my services and is not monetized.

What is the ONE strategy you wish you had paid more attention to about marketing your site? Marketing Social Media management

OR...

Having a fully functional responsive alternative website to offer that looks great and performs like a regular website. (I am working on that one now.)
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

---Social Media

Are you looking for a reliable web host? - Check out fatcow.

Hi, one strategy I wish I had started sooner is of course list building and emailing those who have chosen to receive emails from me.
    This is a strategy that I'm now working on mainly on my french sites.
    I opened my aweber account in 2010 or 2011, I should have started in 2000 or even before :-)
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

The one strategy I will never forgive myself for is not following along with "2 Create a Website" at a sooner time. I should have paid more attention to the support Lisa Irby was providing to us. I would have helped my business with marketing by paying attention at an earlier time if I followed along. I thank my friends on a regular basis for the testimonials they have provided me on following up with how "2 Create a Website" is a great business tool. It helped me with success. Now I can feed my family with ease. Not listening to Lisa is a mistake I will never make again. Everyday the following lingers in my mind, "Before you are great, you have to be good. Before you are good, you have to be bad. Before you are bad, you have to try."

I should have paid more attention to keyword research and narrowed my niche considerably.

I'm in the process of doing both these things before starting a new website. Truly daunting for a NONtechie like me, but I have to try, using my failed experience as a learning tool.
    Weight Loss that Works!

Simple solutions for Natural Weight Loss.

---- I found that, people as user want to find something at google using just type "keyword". So when I build a site then I give more attention to keyword and also active links.

--- the taste of people's interest is the difficult part of building a new site or marketing a new site. Sometimes I see that a normal site where it does not have enough content or nice graphics, but the people are buying products from them. On the other hands someone have a nice website but people are not interested to buy from them. So to make a website with all type of interested and making blog, video, audio, nice design, spend money for google adware, facebook ads etc just making people more frustrated because after all this the sell is not good.

There is another thing is there are lot of websites are similar with design, functions which make people confused. Like same type of product someone is investing money and making new ideas and building a new website but someone copy and making the same type of website with more or less design or functionality. So, when people are coming to both of the sites then they are just confused. In that case, the person who made original they are just looser.

Today, there are a lot of sites repeating one and the same information. The most difficult part is when you have to redefine your USP to stand out from the rest; offer overwhelming value and proof, and give your visitors an irresistible offer.

MagD

As I'm preparing to launch my next niche blog after many failed attempts... my worries:

1) is the price. Although it sounds like they're all good deals.. $3.95 on BlueHost for 3 years? Upfront? It'll take me another 2 months on Fiverr to raise that money! I'm a bit cheap, because well I'm trying to blog for my own personal privileges as a teen and when I'm 18, rake in all the money from Adsense!

2) deciding what to blog about (niche). I currently have a lot of ideas flowing through my head. I've been thinking about it a lot. But, I can't choose what niche to blog about. I can blog out of my mind, and just type away on Word. But, all that keyword research stuff and seeing the saturation and how I should market it... wow! Best of all, I need to target a specific audience that might get interested in it, and I fear that some people might not be interested at all. Of course there will be the people that connect with me and they're actually in a situation like that. I just fear that I'll be wasting (spending money.

3) naming myself on the Internet. This is probably the most difficult task I have to do. What does this kid have to offer? What does this kid know about this? I'm trying to find niches that I'm interested in and where I won't have to be an expert on so teens or graduates can connect with someone in about the same age group as him. Redefining myself as a guy that CAN and WILL offer great advice.

4) holding in my patience until I'm of legal age. I know I can make money through the Internet. The IRS doesn't have an age requirement! Unfortunately... Adsense and affiliates must be age 18 and over. I could be getting a blog, I could submit my tax stuff to the IRS, but I can't actually make money until I'm 18, unless I get my parents to do it for me (which I will not do at any costs).

Good luck to everyone!

I wish I put more emphasis on Facebook and Twitter when I started but I think that was a learning process but the hardest part about marketing a website site is being different. I'm always trying to come up with clever ideas to stand out in the crowd. For example, when the 7 minute workout came out last year and it was the hot program for the minute, I realized it would not work for beginners so I developed a modified version of the 7 minute workout.

I also wish I went for more engagement on my Facebook page, like offering one month challenges and having actual people who are participating in this challenges. Right now, I'm trying to play catch up to groups that have this system down pat.
    http://thefrugalexerciser.blogspot.com
    You don't have to spend a lot of money to get in shape.

Organizing an effective team of bloggers.
    One thing I have learned is that you need friends and good team to get ahead. That's why I started a club for bloggers looking for success. The problem is, sadly, I believe most bloggers would rather fail at what they are doing than feel like they are contributing to someone else success. This self destructive attitude will limit their own success. That's how the internet is designed. One hundred people can make a greater impact than one person alone. But a lot of people wishing to get rich online don't get that. There minds can only process how they can get rich themselves. That's why they will never be bigger than they are now. They don't have what it takes, and it takes team effort. That's the only way to get success online or anywhere else. And I'm not talking about liking each others links on Facebook or Google, but organizing a team capable enough to do what is needed to get ahead. You don't have to be a genius to figure some of these things out.
    If someone could beat this type of common sense into bloggers, there would be a lot more successful bloggers in the world. And there would be less dependency on services like Google and Facebook. (People don't realize that Mark Zuckerberg had Harvard behind his project. That's a big leap compared to the resources that most bloggers have at their disposal, which is usually none.)

Fashion Online Plus Size Women

Stopping a Foreclosure
    You Are Capable, Competent, Creative, Careful. Prove IT!!!

Facebook Page Marketing ... I stopped with 50 "followers" before they changed the term to the generic "like" . By now I would've built a large audience. Short sightedness and lack of patience did me in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast