Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried Fiverr before?

Default Anyone tried Fiverr before?

Recently I did purchase things from Fiverr. One thing is 800 "likes" to my Facebook Fan Page. Another is 2,500 backlinks to my website. Another one is 15,000 Youtube views. I will be ordering Youtube "likes" next.

What are the pros and cons dealing with Fiverr? Can you be penalized by Facebook or any other social media for buying "likes"?

You have to be very careful with Fiverr. I would honestly NEVER purchase backlinks from Fiverr, nor from any other site since creating an artificial backlinking portfolio for your site is probably the #1 surefire way to get penalized by Google. It's not a matter of if, but when.

The only thing I would use Fiverr for is for artsy stuff, like paying someone to design a banner or logo for your site.

I've used Fiverr in the past and overall I've had a positive experience, but for the most part when it comes to SEO, paying for likes and followers, views, etc. it's not worth the money.

Keyword research, too. Before I purchased LTP I had spent $5.00 to get keywords from the site's highest-rated keyword research user and I received absolutely garbage keywords, and they completely ignored the special instructions I had sent to them, so half of the list were keywords I had already known.
    Last edited by Jay; 01-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Dynomike, say it isn't so. lol

First, are you aware that those aren't real "likes?" They are just fake accounts. So here's the bigger problem. Part of Facebook's algorithm that helps determine how many people see your posts, is measured by engagement. So the more "likes" and comments your posts get, the more people they will show it to.

Since you just bought a lot of fake fans that will never see your content, it now hurts your overall engagement, thus impacting your page's reach. In other words, since a larger percentage of your fans are not going to interact with your content (because of the fake likes), FB is going to show less of your posts to your REAL fans.

You used to be able to "game" YouTube with fake "likes" and "views" but it seems with the last penguin update, Google has even stopped that from being as successful. This is pretty easy for them to detect.

It's never a good idea to buy fake visitors, likes, or views. It will do nothing for you in the long run.

Like Jay said, use Fiverr to get banners created and other graphic work. It's GREAT for that, but don't spend any more money buying likes, etc. PLEASE!

Thanks for the info. I will not deal with the Twitter increases either. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Dynamike; 01-08-2014 at 10:47 PM.

don't even go to the site. Delete it. I paid for backlinks back in late 2011 and then Penguin hit me. And I've been cleaning up the mess ever since. That $5 really cost me an arm and a leg when I really think about the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamike View Post
    Just curious. What/Who is Penguin?
    One of Batman's worst enemies. You'll know him if you've watched Batman Returns.

(/joke)

Penguin was one of Google's most devastating updates, one that wiped out website empires of many internet marketers. Google launches more and more updates now and each one has a name to it, Penguin being one, Panda being another and so on...

Anyway, the internet is full of information about it, especially any website that is related to SEO or making websites. Here is some useful information pertaining to Penguin on Lisa's blog(Just snippets actually, because she writes a ton of useful information):

Another Google Update Plus 8 SEO Takeaways You Can’t Miss!

Penguin Slapped You. Your Traffic Tanked. Now What?

How to Create a Niche WordPress Website – The Beginner’s Guide
    See section - Avoid Getting Penalized

Hope this helps.

Wow. A lot of educational and interesting information is listed in those links.

I hope Batman catches up with me before Penguin. (JOKEr)

Thanks to everyone for being my superheros.

I use fiverr occasionally now because I became dissappointed with the results I was getting. I've used it for articles, banners, logos and web marketing and some were good while others were not. I quickly realized that buying web traffic were fake. I have spent a lot of money on fiverr and to be honest did not see the payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue100 View Post
    I use fiverr occasionally now because I became dissappointed with the results I was getting. I've used it for articles, banners, logos and web marketing and some were good while others were not. I quickly realized that buying web traffic were fake. I have spent a lot of money on fiverr and to be honest did not see the payoff.
    Fiverr is really hit or miss but usually a miss when it comes to buying traffic. It annoys me that people scam people with those "deals."

I've used them for voice overs for my Powtoon videos and have been extremely satisfied. I think I'm going to try them next to see if I can update my logo with something I like and create a favicon.

Even if it is now fiverr, I would never ever fall into getting a bunch of likes ever again.
    I'm pretty sure those are just dummies, believe me.

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    I've used them for voice overs for my Powtoon videos and have been extremely satisfied. I think I'm going to try them next to see if I can update my logo with something I like and create a favicon.
    Really? Wow that's a great deal. Voiceover takes a lot of time and work to get it right so if you found someone to do that for $5 AND do it well then that's great.

Total cost was actually $10 because I went over the 1 minute maximum, but yes, well worth it. There are a few there that do good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast