Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi people.
    I am a student who just got into web designing. Wanted to make a website for a long time but didn't do it because of the lack of programming knowledge.
    However I got to know of Wordpress a few months back so i decided to get right to work.
    However I am facing some difficulties while trying to design my website since I am not familiar with HTML/PHP/css.
    I am basically just a newbie who has a lot of questions to ask. Looking forward to be helped.

Cheers

Welcome to the Babble!

Possibly the best place to learn about html and css for a beginner now (paid sites are not likely better than this free one) is htmldog.com. It is up to date (most important and a lot of sources are not) and easy to follow. You can learn a bit about php easily by watching some of the free Youtube videos. With WordPress many do not learn any of these but knowing html and css is really useful in fine tuning your site. php is also helpful but if you just review it so you can understand what you are looking at a bit when working on your WordPress site (installing scripts, even just affiliate links, etc.) you can do well. Unless you get pretty advanced you are not too likely to write any php from scratch. Most of the php page content is html/css.

For a better experience here, check out our Guidelines and Forum Help in the top horizontal menu and at least listen to the video (better to read as well). You will find some interesting tips and information that you will want to know, such as signature requirements, etc.

Glad to have you join the forum, a great place to learn and share.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Welcome to the Babble!

welcome to the forum, learn fast and let your success story help others