I think I know what I want...
Hi everyone I have a task I need to accomplish which massively improve the user experiance on my website.
What I have are a few Excel Datasheets with ~5,000 parts prices and description.
What I want to do, is find a way to make these parts prices and describtions available in my sites search query.
MY site is a wordpress site, but the purpose of this is to automate the shopping process. So they can pay for the part online, our competitors can do it, and I feel i should be able to do it.
I don't know how they do it, if they do it 1 by one! I will but I don't want to ya know?
So the question is, is there a plugin? Would zencart work the best for what I need and how I want to do it?
If I'm not vague let me explain.
Ya know when you export your contact out of Google Contact and you can get a CSV file?
I have parts databases and I want that same functionability specifically search as that a contacts program would have.
I am not sure if this is the solution you are looking for, but is how I bring spread sheets into websites and wordpress. For full functionality of a sheet, you may have to develop this within the spread sheet. This is not a shopping cart solution, but a display one of product. But this may help.
Actually, there is a way that is not to back breaking.
1. Select the items in your spreadsheet that you want display in your post.
2. File>Save As>Other Formats>Save as type and choose “Web Page (*.htm, *.html)”
3. Click the radial button marked “Selection:Sheet” (unless you want the sheet to function as in your database)
1. In your post area select “text”
2. Use a text editor like notepad to then open this file up and save the text in it
3. Paste into your post
4. Click Publish
I think Woocommerce can do something like this if I'm not mistaken....
You can import your products into their database. Is this what you need?