How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: FTP to Blogger site

Default FTP to Blogger site

Hi I have a custom domain via google apps and blogger.

I have hired someone to do up my website. It has about 25 pages. Now we have to FTP it to the domain.

Can we FTP via blogger or google apps to the site? If yes, how? (Specific details for me, as I do not understand what I need to do for the designer.)

If it is not possible, what is the best solution to this problem?

Thanks.
    Jen K

Welcome to the forums! I don't think Blogger provides any sort of FTP access.

You're probably going to need an FTP client to upload your files to your site. Here are a couple links to free clients:

FileZilla
    http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Free FTP
    http://www.coffeecup.com/free-ftp/

I like to use FileZilla.

Bernie

If what Lisa says is correct, your best bet would be to find a different hosting provider that allows FTP access. Some even transfer your files over for free to help you get started with them if you provide them.

Hey no blogger do have ftp access you can't use ftp there ....

Quote Originally Posted by jen-k-2013 View Post
    Hi I have a custom domain via google apps and blogger.

I have hired someone to do up my website. It has about 25 pages. Now we have to FTP it to the domain.

Can we FTP via blogger or google apps to the site? If yes, how? (Specific details for me, as I do not understand what I need to do for the designer.)

If it is not possible, what is the best solution to this problem?

Thanks.
    Jen K
    Blogger does not allow FTP into its systems. I would recommend moving to a real web host, where you can FTP in.

Right, Blogger is meant for beginner bloggers in my opinion. You should consider creating a WordPress blog if you wish to host the blog yourself, and FTP to it.

With blogger, you do not have FTP access. For this, you need to use Free or Paid web hosting plans. Free web hosting like 000webhost is good and in paid, you can go for Godaddy, HostGator, HostUG, eleven2 etc