How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Information Related with Bluehost

Default Information Related with Bluehost

Hello friends, I want to know about shared plans of Bluehost (I can't afford Dedicated or VPS). Do they perform good with WordPress? Many people say that Bluehost is best for shared plans. So what will be your suggestion? GoDaddy, Hostgator or Bluehost? Please help me choosing the best

Bluehost is a very popular host on this forum and I've heard little if any complaints. You would install WordPress through your account once it's setup and it literally takes seconds.

Thank you Lisa, for the suggestion, will wait for some more suggestions and then will take the decision.

I have used BlueHost in the past and am currently with HostGator. BlueHost is a great host, however, near the end I noticed by blog was down more than I liked so I switched to HostGator. I have had tremendous tech support with HostGator so I can't complain, and my blog isn't down as often.

Either host, however, is a great host for a WordPress site so you won't be disappointed with either.

Quote Originally Posted by supportivehands View Post
    Hello friends, I want to know about shared plans of Bluehost (I can't afford Dedicated or VPS). Do they perform good with WordPress? Many people say that Bluehost is best for shared plans. So what will be your suggestion? GoDaddy, Hostgator or Bluehost? Please help me choosing the best
    Bluehost and Hostgator are equally good, none being better than the other.

However, Lisa who has posted above, recently had a security issue with Hostgator and switched to Lunarpages. You may like to look at Lunarpages, I heard they are really good.

Ref: My Blog Was Hacked & What You Can Learn From It

I use both Hostgator and Bluehost and never had any problems.

If you consider any other, please find out about their up time and whether they have a daily backup facility.

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGuy View Post
    I have used BlueHost in the past and am currently with HostGator. BlueHost is a great host, however, near the end I noticed by blog was down more than I liked so I switched to HostGator. I have had tremendous tech support with HostGator so I can't complain, and my blog isn't down as often.

Either host, however, is a great host for a WordPress site so you won't be disappointed with either.
    Thank you so much TechieGuy for sharing your experience, I'll go for BlueHost, as I've read somewhere that they are WordPress recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by emvy548 View Post
    Bluehost and Hostgator are equally good, none being better than the other.

However, Lisa who has posted above, recently had a security issue with Hostgator and switched to Lunarpages. You may like to look at Lunarpages, I heard they are really good.

I use both Hostgator and Bluehost and never had any problems.

If you consider any other, please find out about their up time and whether they have a daily backup facility.
    I also admit that Bluehost and Hostgator are brilliant but I was waiting for an "EXPERIENCED" advice, although I've decided to go for Bluehost, still I'll go through Lisa's site and will read what she has experienced. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by supportivehands View Post
    Thank you so much TechieGuy for sharing your experience, I'll go for BlueHost, as I've read somewhere that they are WordPress recommended.

I also admit that Bluehost and Hostgator are brilliant but I was waiting for an "EXPERIENCED" advice, although I've decided to go for Bluehost, still I'll go through Lisa's site and will read what she has experienced. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Both Bluehost and Hostgator are now owned by EIG. In fact, almost all the big hosts (except GoDaddy, LunarPages and a few others) are now owned by them. That caused a bit of instability with some of these sites and I believe I was victim of the "switch" so it was why I opted to go with a non-EIG company. I am also on dedicated hosting so maybe it was an issue with the dedicated servers.

Thank you Lisa, for new information and for helping us with both your great website and this forum . Then it may take some time before everything gets stable. I went through LunarPages (lpwebhosting (dot) com/hosting/web/basic/linux/pricing) but I realized that the host doesn't provide any good shared plan as Bluehost and Hostgator do. So my choice will be Bluehost.
    Last edited by supportivehands; 02-26-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Most overselling EIG shared hosts are similar but Bluehost is one of the bettor among EIG hosts. I would have suggested Hostgator, for their friendlier support and slightly better uptime - not to forget monthly billing with no set up charges. I have been using and monitoring both with a third party service for the last 5-6 years and I am slightly more happy with Hostgator. Anyway, you have made a decision and good luck with that.
    Hosting Coupons: Imotion Hosting Coupon and MediaTemple Coupon
    Wordpress Themes: get 20% off on awesome classified, coupon themes from AppThemes with our Appthemes Coupons

Quote Originally Posted by weblover50 View Post
    Most overselling EIG shared hosts are similar but Bluehost is one of the bettor among EIG hosts. I would have suggested Hostgator, for their friendlier support and slightly better uptime - not to forget monthly billing with no set up charges. I have been using and monitoring both with a third party service for the last 5-6 years and I am slightly more happy with Hostgator. Anyway, you have made a decision and good luck with that.
    Yeah, I would advise against going with an EIG host. Try to stay away from them (as hard as it is considering they own at least 75% of the hosting market!)