How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Best Place for Adsense Ads on WP Blog

Default Best Place for Adsense Ads on WP Blog

I recently read that for SEO ranking Google does not like ads above the fold.

I had Google adsense ads at the top left of my blog post ( on my health niche blog) but was thinking of changing them so that only one ad appears at several points in the middle of the posts.

I have also read that having ads in the middle of posts is annoying for readers.

Does anyone have any advice on this or done any testing?

Sandy

I had always read that ads woven within the content work best, but I did a test and actually didn't see much of a difference when I moved them to the right column. So you definitely have to experiment and see what works best for you. I personally don't like having too many ads within the content -- although for some they say those convert best.

I always find that 728x90 ad unit place below the website logo or top menu (like in this forum) give the best result. Yes it is above the fold. So far I don't experience drop in search ranking.

Thanks for your replies Lisa & Million Dollar.

I have just discovered that the current version of my theme does not allow me to place ads in the middle of the posts so I would have to upgrade to experiment with that idea I had!

Decisions, decisions!

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by sanhal View Post
    Thanks for your replies Lisa & Million Dollar.

I have just discovered that the current version of my theme does not allow me to place ads in the middle of the posts so I would have to upgrade to experiment with that idea I had!

Decisions, decisions!

Sandy
    Even with an AdSense plugin you can't?

I use the Quick AdSense plugin and it seems to easily insert ads into the content.

In the post works the best, at least for me. I try to be not annoying with those ads. So I use only one on most pages. Really long articles sometimes two.

Quote Originally Posted by milliondollar View Post
    I always find that 728x90 ad unit place below the website logo or top menu (like in this forum) give the best result. Yes it is above the fold. So far I don't experience drop in search ranking.
    Yea, to be honest I haven't been the best at finding the best placement, but this placement is always what I default to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by milliondollar View Post
    I second this. My 728x90 banner ads below the header convert much better than any other ad on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeThunder View Post
    I second this. My 728x90 banner ads below the header convert much better than any other ad on the site.
    This is interesting but I was not looking for the conversions so much as getting my traffic back. I read somewhere that it was better not to have ads above the fold.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by sanhal View Post
    This is interesting but I was not looking for the conversions so much as getting my traffic back. I read somewhere that it was better not to have ads above the fold.

Sandy
    This was the case but now for the most part people are use to seeing ads there so people put them there and people stay use to it for the most part.