Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: How to Add a Signature After WordPress Posts?

Default How to Add a Signature After WordPress Posts?

How would I add a signature or section after each of my posts that read something like, "Hey if you enjoyed this please share!", then include social media buttons for Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

I keep searching for tutorials to add a signature after WP posts, but everything I get shows how to add an image of your actual signature of your name, so not what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to create a function and code this into your site?

So you basically just need a social media button plugin that allows you to edit the text above the buttons. I don't know of a plugin that lets you add text and buttons. I do this on my static site because it's just straight code but I don't know of a WP plugin although I'm sure they are out there. Perhaps someone else can share.

Hey, Lisa, thanks for your reply.

I basically wanted something like the attached image; I first saw this on the Viper Chill website, and I now know that he uses his own plug-in to do this. I was wondering if there was a way to hard code this into your site.

I may purchase the Genesis framework, so would one of the Genesis hooks allow me to accomplish this and only show this box after single posts?

opt-in after content box.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Hey, Lisa, thanks for your reply.

I basically wanted something like the attached image; I first saw this on the Viper Chill website, and I now know that he uses his own plug-in to do this. I was wondering if there was a way to hard code this into your site.

I may purchase the Genesis framework, so would one of the Genesis hooks allow me to accomplish this and only show this box after single posts?

opt-in after content box.jpg
    You definitely can hard code with Genesis thanks to their Simple Hooks plugin. So you'd go to the box that says "After Posts" and put the code you want. But if you can use this plugin, seems it would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    You definitely can hard code with Genesis thanks to their Simple Hooks plugin. So you'd go to the box that says "After Posts" and put the code you want. But if you can use this plugin, seems it would be easier.
    Thanks again for your reply, Lisa. I did some additional "research" about the after posts hook and it seems like others are accomplishing what I want to accomplish with that hook.

I like that plugin, but it's too expensive for my tastes right now; so if I can hard code it in, that would be much more cost effective for me, even if it takes me a bit of time to figure out, lol.

I use Share This for social sharing buttons, and for the signature, I just write it into each of my posts manually.

Surely you can create a new widget area and drop in a HTML widget? Add divs and classes and style it in your main style.css?

I haven't used WordPress as much as I'd like but coming from a Blogger background I know it's fairly straightforward

I did it! So excited! It's not as fancy as the one I originally admired, but it'll do. I purchased Genesis (via lisa's link ) and I used the before comments hook to add the buttons. The after content hook didn't position the buttons where I wanted them to go, but before comments hook worked perfectly. If anyone wants detailed steps as to how I did it let me know!