Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Congrats DavidIsMyName - You're the MVP!

Default Congrats DavidIsMyName - You're the MVP!

You racked in the most reputation points in the last month and are the MVP (Most Valuable Poster)! Really appreciate your contributions, especially as a new member! Congrats!

Congratulations David!
    I don't check the forum regularly anymore, but we can still chat on Twitter.

Thanks, I just joined 2 weeks ago
    I'm a web desinger that can help you create a beautiful website.
    I''m also on TWITTER where I share helpful links and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    You racked in the most reputation points in the last month and are the MVP (Most Valuable Poster)! Really appreciate your contributions, especially as a new member! Congrats!
    How do we get reputation points?

Quote Originally Posted by JATomlinson View Post
    How do we get reputation points?
    There's a black star below your signature. If you are helpful people can click and give you positive points. Those green bars under your username represents your rep points. Hover your mouse over them and the forum will tell you something about how many you have.

There's a black star below your signature. If you are helpful people can click and give you positive points. Those green bars under your username represents your rep points. Hover your mouse over them and the forum will tell you something about how many you have.
    Oooh, ok, thanks! I didn't even notice the black star before

Somehow the system is not very effective and does not seem to be a true representation of "helpfulness". Maybe increasing the awareness of reputation points and also its transparency may improve how people perceive it and in turn have more genuine folks posting here(as against scores of forum posters/ spammers who always seem to be around).

Quote Originally Posted by emvy548 View Post
    Somehow the system is not very effective and does not seem to be a true representation of "helpfulness". Maybe increasing the awareness of reputation points and also its transparency may improve how people perceive it and in turn have more genuine folks posting here(as against scores of forum posters/ spammers who always seem to be around).
    I agree. James Colin suggested replacing the star with "Like." I know other forums do it. Just hadn't gotten around to it. It's not a very intuitive system the way it's setup now.

I think 'like' is a great idea because a lot of people are already used to Liking posts on Facebook. Having a count on each post of how many likes would be cool too. I've seen other forums do that.

I agree. James Colin suggested replacing the star with "Like." I know other forums do it. Just hadn't gotten around to it. It's not a very intuitive system the way it's setup now.

I agree, we need to make it more prominent. Often I post helpful replies that the asker explicitly thanks me for, but I don't get the reputation credit for it - most probably because they don't realize the feature is there or they forget about it. Even I forget to click the star button a lot of the time when I read helpful posts.

I like how the Warrior Forum does it - they have a box underneath saying 'the following users said thank you for this post'. They're on vBulletin too so I should think you could implement something like that here.
    I don't check the forum regularly anymore, but we can still chat on Twitter.

I agree, because I am super awesome and should have 1000! Just kidding, but in all honesty I too just realized that that's what that icon was today and I have been here a couple years.