Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: I Need Help Monetizing My Site

Default I Need Help Monetizing My Site

Hello All,

I'm struggling on how to monetize my blog. Since I'm targeting teens, I feel like I'm limited to the different ways I can make money. I'm definitely using Adsense right now, but I'm not sure of any other ways. I'm also looking to integrate different income sources within my posts but I'm not sure how to do that without my posts looking sloppy. My blog is located at teen-babble.com. Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Scarlet

Hello Scarlet

You have a great looking site.

If you are an Amazon affiliate you could perhaps add some related products in your posts.
    There are plugins that enable you to do this easily enough.

Sandy

Are there any music related programs you can sign up as an affiliate and place their banners on your blog?
    Fast PLR :Quality PLR : Turn It Around In No Time
    Graphics Choice :Templates, Graphics, Minisites & More
    MRR Store :A Turnkey Online Business With Every Product
    GottaHaveSoftware :You Need It? We've Got It.

Yes, PPC ads, or direct ad selling via buysellads.com for advertizers who are targeting teens..
    Also stuff for teens from amazon, but don't count on that too much.
    I don't have many ideas, but the teen audience is quickly becoming twenty something and can then be fully independant customers, only if they stick with you over the years :-)
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

your site is fiery hot, my advice is start promoting some,, test taking products, tutoring services, or you can write your own ebook or report on how teens can manage time

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hello All,

I'm struggling on how to monetize my blog. Since I'm targeting teens, I feel like I'm limited to the different ways I can make money. I'm definitely using Adsense right now, but I'm not sure of any other ways. I'm also looking to integrate different income sources within my posts but I'm not sure how to do that without my posts looking sloppy. My blog is located at teen-babble.com. Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Scarlet
    Hey Scarlet,

Using Amazon, as James suggests, will not necessarily make you rich but with the right product links you could make some extra cash. I have an Amazon widget on my health related website, displaying technology stuff and surprisingly makes a little money every month (the smallest amount so far $186.00). Like I said, it is not 1 million but it does help! If you place things related to your website as well as teenagers, you could possibly gross more. Also, the widget does not take up too much space, and you can display a lot of product in it.

All the best!
    Healthy Living Tips || Lose Weight The Healthy Way || Check Your Water's Purity
    Rid Your Home of Roaches - Permanently || Writing and Grammar Help || Facebook

"If we all treat each other like we treat ourselves - what a wonderful place earth would be."

Yes, Amazon can be a great way to monetize even if they don't pay a lot. I would just caution you with the widgets. They don't show on Apple products, and with more and more people browsing with iPhones, iPads, etc. they will see a blank spot where the widget goes. So use them sparingly.

Have you signed up for Apple's affiliate program? http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/ I would imagine that mp3 music and apps is probably the number one thing teens buy these days. The tricky part is, many teens are still relying on their parents for spending money or they don't have much to spend so keep that in mind too. So promoting lower priced products like apps and music would go over better than higher priced items.

Have you tried media.net?

You have a nice, attractive site!

You can also monetize your site by promoting essay writing sites. I have noticed that there is always a demand from teenagers for essays because of the fact that many of them need to submit essays but end up buying them instead of writing essays themselves.

You can also earn through downloads using Pay Per Download sites. Make sure you give something of value at the same time not infringing on rights. There are ways to make screen savers, desktop backgrounds and the like by using free software on the net. They are also easy to make using pictures with free rights.

Another good way is to give away content for free using PLR or your own eBooks. Find out what they need through a survey using your list (I saw an pop up opt-in form) and give it to them in the form of a download. You can earn as high as 50 cents to a dollar for a single download.