Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: What is a good Audience Retention % on Youtube?

Default What is a good Audience Retention % on Youtube?

Obviously, I know that the closer to 100%, the better. But i'm curious as to what other people are getting, so I can get an idea of what is average, what is good, and what is very poor.

anyone wish to share?

I've had anywhere from 30% to 90% and have noticed a direct correlation with video length. Shorter videos tend to have better but of course that's not always the case. Length is only one piece of the puzzle. I've also noticed a correlation with topic. Certain topics have better retention than others so you can really learn a lot about what your subscribers want to watch. Interesting stuff!

yea, i'm in the 40-75% range, which i don't think is so great, and yes, the longer videos seem, on average, to have the lower retention. That would make sense. I'm glad you made a video on the subject, because I had no idea about it beforehand.

the vast majority of my videos, however, still do rank well for their topic and keyword. Like #1-#3, so I'm thinking that even like a 60% retention is still a good number, or there is no competition. Or both.