Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: PopUp Opt-In forms

Question PopUp Opt-In forms

Hello Babblers

Question: When is a good time to use popup forms on your website to gain new subscribers? Is it something that you should wait on or is something that you should use right away?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

I don't see why you should not use one right away.

What popup form are you going to use?
    Make sure it is one that cannot be blocked by popup blockers.

Sandy

I would like to use Pop-Up Domination. There are also other pop-up opt-in forms only that I can find. I just wasn't sure if its something that I should hold off on.

As long as your first visitors come in you may show them a popup if the main goal of your site/blog is to convert visitors into subscribers to your mailing list, then it's not too early to start collecting email addresses.
    Make sure to test several optin forms performance too with enough trafic (so over a long period of time if the trafic is still slow) in order to filter out the bad ones.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

If you're going to implement popups, make sure that you have the cookie set so that once the visitor has opted in, they don't get the popup appearing every time they return to the site.

I have experienced this on some sites, where I subscribe to their list but still get the popup every time I return. It's effectively punishing your visitors for subscribing.

If the software you use doesn't offer this feature, use different popup software. Despite converting well, popups are widely hated, and if you're going to implement them, implement them smartly so as not to aggravate your customers.
    I don't check the forum regularly anymore, but we can still chat on Twitter.

Any recommendations on pop-up opt-in forms for Wordpress?

I've never used pop up opt-ins but if you're going to use them I think it's a good idea to wait a few minutes before making the pop up load as opposed to loading them as soon as the person enters.

Someone did a study on this awhile back and said people are more likely the to subscribe because they've had a chance to read through your content.

Now the downside to this is you will miss out on emails if the person leaves before the opt-in loads. However, the author was saying that the overall net increase of subscribers was worth it. So it's something you can test. I'll see if I can find the article.

I agree with Lisa. I hate popups that hit you in the face as soon as you land on a site.

Your Google Analytics can help you determine the average time your reader stays on a page and you can gauge the time you want the popup to appear from that.

Sandy

@lisa I would appreciate it if I could get that article

@Sandy I will try to use Google Analytics for some of the website I have. Also, thank you for the link you provided.

use it right away, I use to use it in my blog, it didnt affect my traffic, and I didnt get any complaints, just make sure individuals are not seeing it to many times, you can set it up where if one person sees it for the first time on the site, then it could show up in another month or 7 days I use pop up domination to do this

Quote Originally Posted by www.kfm24.com View Post
    use it right away, I use to use it in my blog, it didnt affect my traffic, and I didnt get any complaints, just make sure individuals are not seeing it to many times, you can set it up where if one person sees it for the first time on the site, then it could show up in another month or 7 days I use pop up domination to do this
    Awesome! I didn't know there was so much configuration when using pop ups.

Don Crowther had made a vid about a year or so ago about pop up opt in, I can't seem find it I searched for it. He said the conversion was much better with the popup set to 5 to 8 seconds after the page loads but make sure you do as Charles said so not to penalize your subscribers. Also a opt in incentive works very well too, give your subscribers a reward for them giving you their name and email. If you use Adweber for your email marketing they have a pop up option when you set up your opt in form.

Hope this helps you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
    Don Crowther had made a vid about a year or so ago about pop up opt in, I can't seem find it I searched for it. He said the conversion was much better with the popup set to 5 to 8 seconds after the page loads but make sure you do as Charles said so not to penalize your subscribers. Also a opt in incentive works very well too, give your subscribers a reward for them giving you their name and email. If you use Adweber for your email marketing they have a pop up option when you set up your opt in form.

Hope this helps you!!
    Thanks Jeff! I am planning to give away an e-book for my new subscribers. I will try to search for Don Crowther

Thanks again!