Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: experience with fiverr in general

Default experience with fiverr in general

Hi

Do you guys have experience with fiverr in general? Is the work you get there for good?
    I mean it's only $5, that is quite cheap, but depending on what you want it might be also "too cheap", means
    the quality is not good?

Any feedback?
    thanks a lot

I've heard both good and bad things, but mostly good. A friend of mine had a header created for her on Fiverr and it looks pretty good. Just remember, you do often get what you pay for so keep that in mind.

I've never used Fiverr but do they have ratings of some sort for the users sort of like eBay? You could use that to help you with your selection of people to "hire."

Hey Lisa

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I have also heard both.... and I have tried on gig (as they call it) with traffic and was really disappointed. For 5$ I got around
    5500 hits on a selected page.... but 90% of the traffic was coming from China and other countries around there....and it did
    not seem human to me (all those hits within 2-3 hours).... that might help for Alexa ranking, but not sure if Google likes it,
    and the traffice was not targeted at all, so no conversions....
    I think you might be lucky with other things on fiverr like article writing, webpages and so on, but in this case I was not lucky...
    Yes, they have a rating system on Fiverr... I will keep on having a look there for some tasks...

Am also a buyer from fiverr... mostly i got good services from sellers.

I'm a buyer and I've been really happy with my Fiverr purchases. I am curious why their sellers are willing to be paid so little money for what they can do.

I have had both good and bad results from Fiverr. It is sometimes trial and error.

It's best to find the top sellers by clicking on ratings on the filter at the top of the list of gigs.
    They are the ones that deliver the best work.

Sandy

I've mostly only bought videos from fiverr, but the other services must be kind of lame, especially the seo stuff, but it is the same everywhere, don't dream about paying anything for seo services and have anything of value. I mean don't dream too much about that, they talk a lot but the reality is not.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Quote Originally Posted by surffab View Post
    Hi

Do you guys have experience with fiverr in general? Is the work you get there for good?
    I mean it's only $5, that is quite cheap, but depending on what you want it might be also "too cheap", means
    the quality is not good.

Any feedback?
    thanks a lot
    They're better for some things than others. Link building, total crap. I ran a test on one of my sites for a keyword I was ranking for on the second page, which it achieved naturally. The result, that page dropped from page 2 all the way to page 8-9. This might be anecdotal, but it's the only thing I did to that particular page.

What I found them useful for is video intros. You get exactly what they demonstrate as their offer. Pro tip though, a lot of the video intros are 20 seconds long or whatever. You will need to cut down that to 4-6 seconds (don't believe me, take a look at every popular channel, the intro is always 4-6 seconds long).
    I'm a web desinger that can help you create a beautiful website.
    I''m also on TWITTER where I share helpful links and ideas.

I've spent most of the money I made on Fiverr purchasing other gigs. I have gotten a few less than satisfactory gigs, but you can always leave the seller a negative feedback. My advice is to look at the gig rating first, ask the seller any questions you may have in a private message, and look at all of the feedback. Beware because some people try to make people give them positive feedback by saying (I'll give you a bonus if you give me positive feedback right away). For the most part my buying experience there has been positive, as well as my selling experience. Do not buy traffic or links however, that's a bad purchase anywhere usually.

Hope this helps!

Does anyone have any experience with fiverr in purchasing logo designs?

I'd like to get something done on the cheap, but I don't want to end up paying for something that could be just as easily be made by an online free logo generator.

i paid $5 for a ad on sports radio. I still have audio soundbite

I used Fiverr for two different purchases. Both were offered right on time - but one ended up being a spam measure.

Money is made on 5$ when the job is as automated as possible.

I'm actually selling on Fiverr too.
    Start A Website Quick - all you need to know to have a working site up and running in less than half an hour!
    Who IS this woman who has invaded our peaceful world and turned it into chaotic ashes?

Great website with some great talent! As Lisa said you get what you pay for, that is why I spend most of my time searching and looking through seller's portfolios. I have spent over $100 easily on there in the past.

I'm gonna use them for a simple task just to test them out. I want a caricature / cartoon created of one of my pics and someone gave me a Fiverr referral so I'm gonna test them out. Now I'm kinda curious.

I bought an answer phone greeting, that was good. I also bought this awesome song to thank people who commented on my blog! I don't use it anymore, nor is that my Twitter name anymore, but it still rocks

Most of the SEO gigs are spammy, did get a nice 25 local SEO listings gig once that saved me a bit of time. Stay away from anything offering a high number of links, these are all automated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast