How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: How do I add "opt outs" to my privacy policy?

Default How do I add "opt outs" to my privacy policy?

I am trying to bring my site up to Bing ad guidelines to run some ads. They sent me a privacy policy example. Here is a part I don't know what to do with:

(b) What Choices Do I Have (Opt-Out)? You have many choices regarding how we use information about you, including: (1) To stop our emails, click here ; (2) To opt-out of preference-based ads, click here ; (3) To stop the sharing of PII with our participating merchants, click here ; and (4) as discussed above, the choices we offer you anytime you submit information through our Sites or Services.
    I have no clue what these "click here" links are suppose to click to or how to opt out of ads or opt out with merchants.

Can anyone help me with this? Joe
    My TopExerciseWorkouts site for fitness articles and workouts.
    My LowerMyGlucose site to help others avoid prediabetes.

Hello Joe,

It appears that the sample is assuming you use newsletters, advertising etc It's not to opt out of the privacy policy instead these separate services.

So for example the emails could link to a page explaining how to un-subscribe from your emails/newsletters.

I'm not sure how a user would be able to opt out of their preference based ads but they may have a guide on this.

You could replace all of that text with a statement saying that this is what our website does and why we do it. Most privacy policies list the details and say that if you use this website you accept the privacy policy.

Jack
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts

Don't even worry about those links. Just tell people how to opt out. So tt depend on what kind of website you're running. If it's a content driven website that's running ad networks that install cookie tell people that and tell them to check out the privacy policy of the ad network

If it's just a simple content website you can tell people they can opt out by simply leaving the website if they don't agree to your terms