Thread: Best promotion for Website's in the service industry. Share your tips.

Default Best promotion for Website's in the service industry. Share your tips.

I have a web site for sprinkler services. I'm researching the best promotion techniques for this site. About six years ago when SEO was different I got to the top of the page just by using good key words. Now things are different. I just built this web site and was thinking that the best way to get the ball rolling was to pay the $300 for the Yahoo directory. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello rogermielke,

I wouldn't personally recommend spending the money for Yahoo directory submission. Although it's probably the best directory and one of the only ones to carry weight it'll be hard to make a return on investment even from any SEO benefits if any.

Instead I'd recommend focusing on your website in the following areas:

- call-to-actions - make sure your website's focus/objective is clear to the visitor whether that's directing visitors to contact you or order a service it needs to be clear and easy to do.

- Your content should be well written and targeted to achieve your goal which I would imagine is local traffic.

- On-page SEO - Make sure all of your pages follow the best SEO techniques to ensure the best chance of good traffic from search engines.

- Once the above is done you can move on to off-page SEO which is basically building links but in ways where you benefit from traffic also such as on related forums.

- Then you could invest that $300 in targeted advertising such as banner ads on websites from your local area that are specific to your niche

Hope I helped.

Jack
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts

Thanks Jack for the advise and thanks again for saving me $300. This specific site promotes my biz which is California Sprinkler a small biz that provides sprinkler repair, installation and design.
    Last edited by rogermielke; 01-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.

I have a $100 Adsense credit so I am testing that out. I started the ad campaign and then typed in the string 'sprinkler repair' and my site did come up about the fourth position down.

I think you must be try to list your services in classified websites. Try to get list of directory submission and large classified sites or find affordable services in fiverr but don't be scammed.

I wouldn't also recommend spending $300 for Yahoo directory.

Since you are in California, you might want to target some keywords that pertain in your location. For example California Sprinkler Design. In order to do this, you might want to make a local Google plus page for your website and make some review to it. After that, you can now use Google places for maps and other basic information about your business.

Google is giving a good credit to those who provide their information properly especially when it comes to local search listing. After making those steps, you can now proceed to promoting your website. Since that is a service website, you can start off with a classified ads and other service listing website.

Don't go straight getting high PR because it will cost you lots of time and might waste some time getting some inquiries. Those tips I have given you is just for a start. You should be focusing first on your brand name exposure.