Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: How does Tumblr work?

Default How does Tumblr work?

One of my friends recently joined Tumblr, and told me I should make one for my site. Has anyone else used Tumblr for promoting their site? Can it even be used for site promotion? Social networking as never really done much for my site - so not sure I really want to "dive in" before hearing other opinions. Thanks

Tumblr benefits the browsing public more than the account holder. Photos displayed on Tumblr is usually shared all over various accounts without any profit returning to the originator. It is fine for people who want to display their imagery without concern about monetizing it. If you're a photographer, you may display a selection to entice visitors, but I fail to see how you couldn't do the same using your own website. Once a photo is placed on Tumblr, I feel you lose control over it.

It is quite customisable, but I feel more trouble than it is worth. It's so difficult to add your own commenting forms, such as Facebook comments for example. You can embed the feed into a static website - I have experimented with this on a Yola site I run for a local business client, but I feel it's so limited.

If you can get a few followers and feel you can promote the site that's fine, but I feel there are better less complicated ways to do this.

I have positive experience with tumblr, especially the images part tumblr provide free images hosting with great images galleries feature. It is great for non technical user present a nice galleries.

Compare to wordpress and blogger, user have to manually adjust lot of thing to publish a single photo.

Tumblr is best way for promotion of the images and the keywords page will be rank for the keywords. So you can publish articles and all the content for your site.

Tumblr is an easy to use platform. You don't get much seo benefits out of it though.

My Tumblr's blog indexed by search engines is very slowly. I don't know others' is that too.

Interesting post in fact I have been studying that social network how it works and I came to a conclusion that anything that is interesting would go viral on tumbler but make sure that the image of posting is attention grabbing and interesting enough for the user to share.

Tumblr is the platform where you can make youtr strategy for link building and easily rely on them . Tumblr are more specific for images sharing and links , texts as well . Make more followers in tum,blr so that if you post any content there each followers get your notification and get attrcated towards your profile, so do some unique and attractive post to make profile more stronger than others.