Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Wordpress Page and Post Querry

Default Wordpress Page and Post Querry

Hello!

Please help me in my website built by WordPress

I am new to WordPress and a certified newbie.

My current theme has a built in home page that automatically displays new posts in the latest order..

Here are my questions:

1. I want to create a "Home" Menu that when clicked directs to the built in home page by my theme.
    How do I create it?

2. How do I assign a post to a certain website page? I tried creating a post but it automatically appears at my built in home page.

3. How do I create a page that will not display in the "Menu Bar" ? I tried creating a page but it automatically displays as a Menu.

Thanks in advance! Hope someone will courteously answer my questions.

Go to Appearance >> Menu and create a brand new menu. Choose which pages you want to be in your menu by using the modules on that page. This will allow you to control what shows in the menu. After you create the menu now select it as your theme default.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon900 View Post
    1. I want to create a "Home" Menu that when clicked directs to the built in home page by my theme.
    How do I create it?

2. How do I assign a post to a certain website page? I tried creating a post but it automatically appears at my built in home page.
    To answer your first 2 questions, it sounds like you can go to Settings: Reading in Wordpress. There you can set your front page to be a static page that you have created, or your themes default index page (usually your latest blog posts). As far as a link to the Home page and also your third question, you can set this up on the Menu page under Appearance the way Lisa described.
    Read Your Website Statistics with AW Stats

Hello dragon900,

Many of these type of changes can vary depending on your theme. May I ask which theme you're site is using?

Jack
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts