Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Website or Job, which is harder?

Default Website or Job, which is harder?

It's much harder to earn a living from the web compared to holding a job, agree or disagree?

Harder yes of course, to earn the same living, at the beginning especially, which can last months to a year easily depending on how hard we try and with which mental toolset.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

As someone who does both, I definitely agree. I only work "out there" part time, and my website is more or less a full-time job. A lot of weeks, I probably spend a lot more time working on my site - rather it's adding content, SEO, social networking or just researching / learning new things. I'm really really far from earning a living online - considering I just started trying to earn revenue from it in November. The last year before that I spent building up my content and gaining traffic . A job pays you weekly right from the start, where as a website requires a lot more time and dedication before you even get paid, and it also pays based on how much effort you put into the site (rather short term or long term).

The last time I had an offline job was around a year ago. I'd say the offline job was easier. Though maybe not. lol My boss couldn't make up his mind where he wanted me to mow or trim the grass. lol

Chad

agree because formal jobs usually have more security in terms of knowing you're going to get paid. You know that by doing x amount of work, you're going to get x paid amount of money (e.g., even if you do retail or fast food, you know you're guaranteed to make a certain amount of money each hour). With the web you're not guaranteed anything but you can make variable amounts of money with the same effort and work.

Since nobody works for free, it's definitely much easier to earn from a job. It's much more difficult to work in a job In saying that though - for the longest time, running my websites was no different than working a job.

I had my last job 2 years back as a event manager , but when I switched to SEO, ohh it was totally changed. All the time I used to think how to generate good backlinks, how to optimize me site more.

You can't compare these both because both has its own pros and cons.And hardwork is the key to success..so if there is some advertisement that says you can earn--these much dollars for --hours by clicking-- this link,is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by tim-the-traveler View Post
    It's much harder to earn a living from the web compared to holding a job, agree or disagree?
    I think you're missing the point. Earning a living from the web is your job - it just means you're self-employed in your own business.

You say you're jobless in your signature, but you're really not.

I think running a website is more difficult than holding a job, the competition is more stiff in the web world.

Building a website and keeping it maintained + plus doing full time SEO is difficult and time consuming but for me it is easier than a normal job because I have all the luxury of being at home with my family instead of being completely away from them atleast 40hours a week. I think it is a lot more difficult in the beginning and after you get established you can let up a little and enjoy life.

I dis agree, all it takes to make money online is just the drive to learn the proper system, and then taking action by setting up your own system, testing, tracking it and it will work if you dont give up