How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to decrease bounce rate

Default how to decrease bounce rate

Hello Guys
    i have been struggling to decrease the bounce rate on one of my sites and i would be grateful for some tips on how to minimize this. On average, 63 plus% of my visitors leave once they get to the landing page.
    Download free video course on how to master facebook ads marketing http://www.websconcepts.com/

It doesn't hurt to keep working on the bounce rate (obviously), but that may or may not be a really good number. A lot of it depends on how broad your site niche is. For example, if you have a site on photography in general you would likely have a very high bounce rate because some people might get there looking for reviews, some might want information about wedding photography, etc.

Bounce rate just means they only looked at one page. So if your page is fairly long or complete with the information they wanted they achieved their purpose. Also, if your landing page is basically a sales page it is very likely that a lot of people would only look at that one page.

But if you had a site on using the Nikon D200 camera and short pages describing how to use each of the features people would rarely find it unless they typed in that camera model you would likely have a good bounce rate.

In truth, I suspect that many people here would consider your bounce rate to be quite good.
    Last edited by James; 12-27-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Good Success!

"If your content doesn’t drive activity or conversations, don’t expect it to drive links." —Tom Schmitz, Search Engine Land

For decrease the bounce rate add some related post,put some interesting content, create great page it will help to decrease the bounce rate

Do the search terms people use to get to your site have any clues. Are they finding what they are looking for?

Most definitely try linking to very similar content on your pages. As previously mentioned, if the person finds what they're looking for right away, they might just leave. At least your site provided them with what they wanted . The benefit of linking to very similar content is that it can encourage the user to read about something they didn't think about, or it might be something else they were going to be looking for. If you get a lot of traffic from search engines, your bounce rate will probably be a lot higher for the reasons mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeThunder View Post
    Most definitely try linking to very similar content on your pages. As previously mentioned, if the person finds what they're looking for right away, they might just leave. At least your site provided them with what they wanted . The benefit of linking to very similar content is that it can encourage the user to read about something they didn't think about, or it might be something else they were going to be looking for. If you get a lot of traffic from search engines, your bounce rate will probably be a lot higher for the reasons mentioned above.
    Develop more pages to tweak the interest of the visitor..... interesting titles, write on every feature and drawback.

Follow some best Off-page techniques to decrease your bounce rate..i.e.

1. Link Wheel
    2. Web 2.0
    3. Forums
    4. Blogs
    5. Ads Posting through Classifieds
    6. Social Networking
    7. Create Landing Pages

Put some unique and interesting content on your site so that user found it useful and spend some time on your site. Create some quality backlinks, it will helpful to decrease bounce rate.

Quote Originally Posted by wenbedma View Post
    Hello Guys
    i have been struggling to decrease the bounce rate on one of my sites and i would be grateful for some tips on how to minimize this. On average, 63 plus% of my visitors leave once they get to the landing page.
    I am facing the same problem.my website is made in flash and it takes too much time to load. Bounce rate is almost 70 %..Website contents and images are pretty much interesting but it's not possible for me to change the entire website right now..further help would be appreciated..

My bounce rate is nearly 80% but the site gets nearly all of its traffic from search engines, and if a search engine is doing its job, then the person gets the info and leaves. But if your site is highly focused on only one topic, and a reader of that topic would be inclined to stick around if they could find other similar articles, the the problem could be the other issues already mentioned, i.e., slow loading, no obvious navigation, no list of popular articles or links to similar articles, etc.

-Lee

Videos and pictures are things that will help keep people from bouncing off your page.

And of course, unique and interesting content.

There are going to be a lot of people that surf and bounce off your site.
    I heard the sweet spot of a bounce rate is between 40 - 60%.
    My favorite automated twitter tool. Aff link. PM me for a screenshare demo if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wenbedma View Post
    Hello Guys
    Hi There,

I would say keep your site clean, on topic, add related posts at the bottom too. Make sure also to see what keywords are bringing visitors to your site. It's possible they may not even be relative to your site, so readers are clicking through and finding out it has really nothing to do with what they wanted.

Chris

Make your website design attractive and have fresh and innovative quality content.

Some people carefully link their pages so as to retain the interest of the reader.

Sometimes bounce rate depends on the nature of the website itself. There are websites no matter how you make it interesting, the topic quite bored users naturally.

But generally, sometimes we only make efforts to drive traffic to our sites and not making them to interact. Contents will be responsible in this matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast