Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 case website V2 :)

Default iPhone 5 case website V2 :)

Hi Guys,

After updating my affiliate website Funny iPhone 5 Cases - would appreciate your feedback.

Still awaiting to add:

- a new logo
    - social media buttons where the RSS feed logo is
    - couple of bug fixes with the recommended products

Site: http://funnyiphone5cases.com

Shane
    Here are my main affiliate websites: | Thunderball Results | Lotto Raffle Numbers | Euromillions Results | Bingo Bouncer

Overall it's nice and clean. I like the layout. I think you'd benefit from a bigger, bolder header that has a clearer picture of an actual case instead of the back of the phone. Your header is rather small and the text seems a bit grainy.

Hi, you should open an amazon associates account on amazon.com with affiliate id ending with -20 instead of relying only on your .co.uk account, the prices must be quite different (higher in uk) but I'm not sure.
    Maybe have a flag of US and one of UK so the visitors can switch and it will change the affiliate id in your website for this visitor.

Also there is at least one mistake in about section on pages but the homepage:
    "to provide all the latest iPhone 5 cases as the are released on the market."
    ..as theY are released..
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Thanks Lisa, I am currently getting a new logo designed, this was our old header image - just something I put up. In regards to the UK/US - Amazon is not as popular in the UK as the US - I used to have funnyiphone5cases.co.uk which I made like $200-300 commission from but the .com is more popular. I'm not too sure if I can get a US affiliate being from the UK?
    Here are my main affiliate websites: | Thunderball Results | Lotto Raffle Numbers | Euromillions Results | Bingo Bouncer

OK - the SEO on the website is an abomination - just realised I have not written any Meta data at all for this website. Hm...

& the font has been fixed apart from the logo.

Yes you can. You can and you must in fact. Same if you'd like to promote to french people it's best to get an affiliate id from the amazon.fr site (aff id ends with -21) so that you can send them to the local version of amazon. It is very important in your case of US/UK because american buying on amazon.co.uk will have not the same products inventory and will have additional charges for postal service.
    So if you're saying you're now targeting more the US market, why even talk in ? Makes no sense.

You can register an affiliate id from amazon.com and you can use one or the other (US/UK) for different visitor locations. The widget tools also are not the same, for instance in amazon french they don't have the Omakaze widget for contextual products display. They also don't have the amazon blog widget.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Hi James. Thanks for that I'm amazed at; a) people have actually bought from my website ( I genuinely thought I would only need my uk affiliate account) and b) I never thought about it as the amazon affiliate is built into my website cms and automatically uses the affiliate Id on the US amazon. If there are any affiliate newbs out there like me here is what Amazon say

Dear Associate,

Thank you for writing to the Associates Programme.

At this time, the Associates programmes for the Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, Amazon.it, Amazon.es and Amazon.com sites are completely separate. Each site requires a separate application, and you will have a different ID for each.

In addition, links formatted for one programme will not be able to earn you commission at the other site.

We do believe, however, that it often makes sense to participate in multiple programmes. You can then have multiple links for each item, one for your American visitors and the other for your British and European visitors.

Here you will find a complete description of each programme:

http://www.amazon.de/partner
    http://www.amazon.com/associates
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/associates
    http://www.amazon.fr/partenaires
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/associates
    http://www.amazon.ca/associates
    https://programma-affiliazione.amazon.it/
    https://afiliados.amazon.es/

http://associates.amazon.co.uk/gp/as...pply/main.html

On further investigation I can see the products I sold via that website were UK items and nothing for the US - which barks the question of how much affiliation earnings have I lost as I used to get around 80-120 uv per day.... Oh dear.

Yes it's a pity for your lost commissions, especially when you were selling big tvs.
    Now amazon removed the tvs from their affiliate program.
    Also they have different commission schemes for each localized sites. For instance on amazon french the highest commission ever is... 10€ so in fact at about 5% one should not bother promoting any product higher than 200€.
    On amazon.com I got commissions for higher products (laptops or vaccum robots) and got the full correct % commission, about $45 for a $1,000 computer. Because for computers the % is limited to 4.5% on amazon.com despite making many sales and the other product commission being upped to 7.5% because of amount of sales in the month.

James, thanks as always for your helpful feedback; I can see straight away that the commission is 4.0%. I have now signed up to the Amazon US and changed my ID - is it working OK for you?

Thanks again James, i owe you one!

Yes, I'm in france right now and it sends me to amazon.com with your id ending with -20 so that's the correct one.
    If you can use geolocalisation, it would be better (for post costs) to use the uk one for all europe visitors, including uk.
    Whenever I bought english books, I always order from amazon uk when I'm in france, and it is sent from germany anyway, they are a company without borders :-)
    But perhaps your cms doesn't allow for gelocalisation. Does it uses your uk id when you visit it from uk?

Yeah, there is literally a massive Amazon warehouse about 20 minutes from my house, you can't miss it. The CMS is Wordpress and it only shows one Amazon ID - I've just put this as US as it accounts for around 80% of my traffic. I will maybe put the .co.uk website up sometime soon and just redirect UK users from there. Thanks again for your help

and finally approved for the Amazon associates; also done the SEO to the website any more reviews?

New logo added

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast