Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of Forum Posting and Blog Commenting

Default Benefits of Forum Posting and Blog Commenting

I did some research to locate some forums related to my site concept and also looked for some blogs.

I have a couple reasons for these. There is a lot that I would like to learn about a few things and some knowledgeable people blog about them or write posts in forums. And I comment or add in to their content thereby making friends and doing a bit of site advertising. I do get some backlinks and that is a big plus.

This morning I had an idea for a page on my site that came from reading a few posts. I checked out the competition module on Market Samurai and I just know that my new page will be the top page as soon as it gets indexed. That may be a huge benefit for me as I am in a competitive niche.

My topics of interest for forums and blogs are directly related to tier 2 pages on my site, I want to learn how to write better, make better pages, communicate better and also share some techniques regarding trading.

My time on blogs and forums then is to share with others and to learn from them.... not only to get backlinks.

I am so sure that the spiders can figure out which are valid backlinks and which are artificial. So my message is.... do the commenting with a valid purpose and reap a nice reward.

Yes these 2 ways are really required and for getting rank in Search Engines with desired keywords.

Between Forum posting and Blog commenting they're likely the two most effective methods of link building.

I personally find forums easier to communicate with than Blogs but as long as you interact properly and make the link building natural it should be easy to get your links.

Great approach. The days of earning backlinks from comments and forums are over. But using them to help others, build authentic relationships, etc. can still be very beneficial to getting traffic in the longrun. I completely disagree with the post above. Google does not value these kinds of links much anymore.

Default True Words.

Right on, Lisa. (I blush to say that a bit since if there were any disagreement between us anyone would know you had it right instead of me!)

My feeling is, without any statistics to back it up or anythingójust my common sense judgement, that people focus on google SEO advantage too exclusively. The reason for posting on forums or blogs should be seen first of all as one of building a good name for yourself and drawing traffic to your site from those comments, and only secondarily from google. SEO value is fine but not the only way to get traffic.

This is even more significant now that people are taking advantage of YouTube (as Lisa does) and various social media sites. Those sites lead people to you directly. They may help improve your listing on search engines as well and both are advantageous, but it is not one or the other.

This means that more than ever your content in theses various places must be of value. Think about it. No matter how enticing the title in someone's signature here on the Babble, if the poster only has one liner comments that really do not help you as a reader very much will you be interested in their site? On the other hand when you recognize a member as a valuable contributor and you see a site or article link in their signature that attracts your attention, you may check them out.

The quality of your content counts, no matter where you put it.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

Default Forum and Blog Comment ?

Both Forum commenting and Blog commenting is great thing to get better traffic and rank.
    Help drive usage and adoption of SharePoint.
    Share knowledge out to the people who and When they need it.
    Support the sharing of ideas with a central way of collecting feedback.
    Permit discussions to take place in an open environment.
    Blog commenting providing guest blogging facility which a huge way to promote your services and ideas.

Agreed - Blog commenting and forum posting is over rated. Sometimes I click signature links out of curiosity but I am not what the site owner would regard as "quality traffic". Just another bounce.

If on the other hand you're posting on a very niche targeted forum and your posts are all useful in some way and your link is showing at the right place and at the right time, I believe you'll get good clicks.

Yes you are absolute right..By following the blog commenting we can increase our website traffic along with good backlinks..For this we have to choose Do-follow blogs or Comment luv blogs or Keyword luv blogs or .edu blogs etc etc...All these type of blogs you can get "dropmylink dot com".

Nowadays, blog commenting and forum posting are made for brand exposure and reputation building based on my experience. It's not the same as 2004 where people keep blasting blogs with spammy comments or dropping links in forums and then suddenly they're on top of search result.

I have been reading SEO blogs for a long time and I noticed that those who leave valuable comments were not only getting links. They are actually making their brands known even without a link back. Same goes with forums. As you can see there are some forum members would prefer their brand name instead of keyword in their signatures.

So for me, those are the major benefits of doing blog commenting and forum posting.

HELLO,
    Seo is very useful in increasing any sites pr value and the traffic for that site
    there are many seo techniques through which we can increase our websites popularity.i prefer forum posting and blog commenting is somewhat similar to it but what if we are not continuously logging in

Good point! These two techniques are both good in getting traffic and increase also your authority as you engage with same interest people.
    Premium SEO Solutions has a team of dedicated SEO Experts that will provide you with cost-effective SEO Services tailored to your business needs.

But be careful don't copy and paste same comment. Use different comment for different blog posting. And post different article for different forum.

Forum posting certainly helps, like many of you mentioned, to boost page rank. Also, if you post in good, healthy communities, you'll drive quality traffic to your website as well. For me, forum posting is a 2 way street. It helps with sending traffic to my own forum. But I find myself learning about new topics along the way cause I'm browsing so much

Blog Commenting and Forum posting both are still considered to be effective ways for getting traffic as well as brand recognition. They help you make others on the same niche aware of your presence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast