Thread: Thanks and Merry Christmas

Default Thanks and Merry Christmas

First, I want to say thanks to Lisa and WB. I have been on and off a bit the last few years depending upon how busy I get. But I am where I am today partly because of this forum. So, I wanted to stop by, tell a story and say thanks.

Four years ago when my wife was diagnosed with cancer and my business of twenty years crumbling down with no unemployment (Thanks to the anti small business attitude this country has), I needed to either get a job with someone else or derive a new source of income.

Websites are something I “did” since 1999 on the side. Sound familiar? I found website Babble as I was working to improve my skills and trying to make income off of some sites. Although none of my sites took off and turned into a money machine, something else did happen.

Having a better understanding of the Internet world, m ore studying, hard work and despite the business climate, I am managing to succeed full-time with working on the web. In fact, I have been full time for a little over a year now and am finally convinced that I can make it go and go strong.

I am fortunate to have a strong business background, am willing to work hard and mostly make good decisions. I write this note, not to brag, but to hopefully inspire others to move forward with their dreams.

Please note, it was not smooth, easy or cost effective. I was fortunate to have money to squeeze by on until things took off. I actually missed landing a job this spring by one place in the final interview. Right now, I am thankful I did not get it.

There are still some challenges ahead. My own website needs updating quite a bit. But having a strong base of sales along with monthly residuals is what makes a website building business work. With all the gears in place, it is time to start expanding out on production areas and diversify products with social media, newsletters and more.

This is looking to be my best Christmas in almost five years when considering family, work and life. Sometimes we needs sit back, take appreciation and be thankful. Of course, after that, it is back to work.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

Bill, what a nice note! I'm glad you are better health-wise and it's so great to have you as a member of the forum. I certainly appreciate people members like you. Merry Christmas to you as well!

Glad to hear things are working out for you. Merry Christmas to you and everyone else as well.

Chad

Good to hear Bill
    Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas Bill - is it just your blog you have?

Shane
    Do you play the lottery? You can check the results here: Health Lottery Results | Health Lottery | Burger Vans | Thunderball Results | Lotto Raffle Numbers | Euromillions News | WagerPod

Hi Shane,

Currently I am building websites full time. But I am also managing Facebook postings and advertising for folks along with newsletter setup and management through Constant Contact. A more detailed breakdown of my business would be:

Social Media 20%
    Residuals 10% (This is after only one year)
    Rebuild Existing Websites 50%
    New Websites 16%
    Teaching Internet use at local tech school 4% (But huge exposure and referrals)

I never intended on diversifying so much. But it has brought more income and creates more legs under my company to stabalize it.

95% of my marketing is online presence and networking. I am wrapping up my third chamber of commerce website. I built the first one to just get in the door never knowing how chambers watched each other. But, being the web guy that built the chamber sites has really gotten my name out there. Fingers crossed on a fourth one this January.

The new challenge is now dealing with growth and production as I am starting to sub the graphics portion out. It gets me more time as well as puts out a better project. I am excited about my financial future for the first time in a long time.

Thanks
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

What a great post on your success and have a Merry Christmas.
    http://thefrugalexerciser.blogspot.com
    You don't have to spend a lot of money to get in shape.

Great post & it's nice to hear that you get good health & wealth. merry Christmas.

Happy new year 2013 also

That sounds excellent. Congratulations.