Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article Marketing dying.?

Default Article Marketing dying.?

Kathleen Gage has just posted this blog article about a panel she is participating in on December 12. It may be of interest to others. Apparently some people are seeing the demise of Article Marketing for SEO. Kathleen Gage is a reputable blogger and I want to share her ideas.

http://www.kathleengage.com/2012/12/seo.html#

If this post is inappropriate, please delete. daveM

It doesn't explain why it is dead.
    Any ideas what she means?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    It doesn't explain why it is dead.
    Any ideas what she means?
    There is an online presentation December 12 and they are going to discuss why the lady closed her article site and the panel will discuss the future of Article Marketing.

Gonna go check the link but I agree that it's dead for the most part. If nothing else, the benefits are certainly less after all the SEO updates. Thanks for posting!

I was all set to buy the spinner and submission software, and that is why I was asking questions so much recently. I have now decided to stay away from that activity and will write better posts to build my site value and traffic. I thought that the blog post came to me at the perfect time as I was sooooooooooooooooo close to starting. lol My thinking today is to significantly upgrade my content and pages and do some linking on my pages and then prepare an ebook for a couple themes on my site when the traffic tells me which content to market. My thinking, I think, has been tempered by my impatience...... I have only 135 pages of less than great content and am wanting the traffic generated by sites with 500 pages and superb content.

I'll be going through the SEO forum and locking/deleting threads that keep getting filled up by spammers who are posting nothing but pure nonsense about SEO, backlinks, chasing dofollow directories, etc. It's such bad, bad advise and I'm tired of seeing this content here -- especially because many of them are spammers paid to post.

Some people post in order to sell their merchandise. That is not really what this forum is about. Each person has an opportunity to market with their signature and that should be the extent of the marketing. Many people, such as me, come to this forum to learn proper techniques, which is the original purpose of the forum. If there becomes an overabundance of poor quality information, there will not be good quality contributions..... thereby defeating the purpose of the forum. There are forums designed for people to do their marketing, that is where the marketing type posts should be. IMO

I think there is still some benefit in article marketing, but definitely not as much as before.
    There are a lot better options for your time.
    I would do that after guest posting, video creation, social media, forum posting, guest commenting.
    Those are better ways to build links, in my opinion.
    My favorite automated twitter tool. Aff link. PM me for a screenshare demo if you have any questions.

Anyone willing to listen, would have known that article marketing for SEO purposes has been dead for a long time now. Article marketing should not be used to gain traction in the search engines and only used for getting your content syndicated across the web by quality webmasters. The whole problem with article marketing for SEO is that 9 out of 10 people who market this way will not write high quality stuff and therefore get little to no benefit whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by nalced View Post
    Anyone willing to listen, would have known that article marketing for SEO purposes has been dead for a long time now. Article marketing should not be used to gain traction in the search engines and only used for getting your content syndicated across the web by quality webmasters. The whole problem with article marketing for SEO is that 9 out of 10 people who market this way will not write high quality stuff and therefore get little to no benefit whatsoever.
    Well said as usual, Nalced.

Feel sorta thankful I read some of these comments in the past week or so as I was about to start into it.. In any event, I have a few forums and blogs that I comment on that are providing traffic and eventually some backlinks.

I added some Forex/trading stuff to my site, just a couple pages so far, I have participated in related forums for many years and those will provide some good quality links, I imagine that those forums will give me many links as I am really interested in trading and now have an incentive to participate to a greater extent.

Again, I am really thankful for some comments I have read as well as for some direct answers I have received from some members.

If only I could develop super content.............. (lol)

I think that Guest Posting is much more effective than article marketing. If you have an article to publish you should find a related blog that accepts guest posts. Publishing your article on another blog will not only get you a good dofollow backlink but you also might be able to increase the readership of your own blog.

Quote Originally Posted by larryjam View Post
    I think that Guest Posting is much more effective than article marketing. If you have an article to publish you should find a related blog that accepts guest posts. Publishing your article on another blog will not only get you a good dofollow backlink but you also might be able to increase the readership of your own blog.
    hmmmmmmmm you are my neighbor... I am in the shwa....

Yes, if I was a good writer I would like to try the guest blogging, that is on the list for future.

Quote Originally Posted by daveM View Post
    hmmmmmmmm you are my neighbor... I am in the shwa....
    Hello neighbor. It`s a small world isn`t. So strange that with people from all over the world on this forum, that I should me someone that is almost around the corner.

That's good to know that Lisa is using the user delete button to clean up the SEO section of the forum. I have been fed up also with those replies, such non sense it was so obvious and never ending..
    That's a good move and other forums should get inspired by website babble to take action despite the fact that those threads were probably bringing in much traffic, but it is better to have less traffic but not sell out with mindless threads, that move is for the benefit of existing members and new ones also.

As for article marketing being dead, well I don't think so, but it depends what one means by article marketing if it is sending spun content on many article directories, well it can still work with the author resource box to send in small traffic from interested readers. But if it's for another complex scheme such as link wheels or manipulating search engine results for the target site in general, well this was to be forgotten since the start anyway.
    And yes, I think the very best is to have all your content on your own site, if you want you can create an article directory yourself and post all your articles in your article directory and not accept articles from others, etc.

On the other hand I've seen several bloggers advising to do proper guest blogging on carefully chosen blogs and I agree that should work for getting quality traffic, from the blog's audience, but once again better to ignore search engines and if this technique is good for search engines too then fine, but if you do it, think only about the audience of the host blog. Like offering a special promotion only for readers of the target blog with a special coupon, etc.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast