Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to write content for my site

Default want to write content for my site

Hello all , i am creating my website, but i dont have content ready now. I am thinking that is it necessary to give the content work to a professional content writer or just i have to start to write content???? Help me to get final decision.

I've always been a fan of writing my own content because it comes across more authentic, personal and relatable. But I understand where there are certain instances where outsourcing may be ideal. What kind of site are you creating?

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I've always been a fan of writing my own content because it comes across more authentic, personal and relatable. But I understand where there are certain instances where outsourcing may be ideal. What kind of site are you creating?
    I definitely agree, however a combination of both your own work, and other people's work can also be good. I follow a few blogs where it's mainly one person, but there are a couple of others who occasionally add their own content to the site. I think it's cool to see a different writing style once in a while.

You don't have to be a "professional" to write content. I really believe that anyone can write content as long as they have something to say. If spelling, grammar, etc is a concern - use a spell checker. I've copied my own writings into Microsoft Word before just to see if it catches anything. Sometimes something that I think sounds right is necessarily the correct way of saying something. A lot of times it's little things that I don't *think* anyone would notice, but you never know... depends on the audience.

write your own - you have more control and it's free. Besides you dont have any guarantee that all contnet has not been spun.

I have asked a question similar to this some time before, but like Lisa, I have always been apprehensive about opening the door of my domain to other authors. Part of the reason is due to the way my websites are structured. It's like a huge jigsaw puzzle where I fit in every piece myself. Other authors will simply add pieces that look similar but really don't belong.

I read a lot, blogs, forums, rss feeds, newspapers, gossip.. ideas come to me. I have a couple notepads, one in each room where I spend time. I find that one idea leads to another although not every day.

Look at the articles you have written already, maybe there is a slightly different slant that you could write about today.

Some great internet marketers are selling their website content, repurposing it continually and adding more..

Read through this forum and forums related to your niche, there will be a gazillion ideas when you start to look closely.

To answer your question it is not necessary.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind1212 View Post
    Hello all , i am creating my website, but i dont have content ready now.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colin View Post
    To answer your question it is not necessary.

Without wanting to be unfriendly or rude ... James is right.
    If you don't have content, why do you wish to create a website?
    Just to have one?

Content is the most important thing ... without it, there's no need to worry about presentation.

Cheers,
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Its basically a educational site.

Thanks to all of you honorable members for replying and giving me your opinions.

It depends on your mood and skills. If you can write in your own, then why not? It's not also bad to outsource the work. You just have to find a professional writer who knows how to write search engine and user-friendly contents.

You can always write part of it, and freelance the rest.

If you dont want to write then decide your topics then hire some professionally skilled freelancers it may work better.

I have the same problem. I stumbled upon lisa's site on 2009 the same year I started freelancing. Got hyped in what blogging can do but failed to continue. Now, I'm working in creating my own content at the beginning and maybe hire someone if it would be successful.

Well, what is the reason for creating your website?

For me, when I visit someone's website, I definitely expect to read the owner of the site's personal experiences and opinion on its articles. If you're not confident about writing but would love to write your own content, you should hire a copywriter. However, if you're not into writing at all but you've got a lot of ideas on what your readers should read on your site, you should find a content writer who share the same interest, ideas and experiences as yours. If it's too hard to find one, at least look for someone who respects it. I hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast