Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Domain is down, How do I get help?

Default Domain is down, How do I get help?

I registered my domain with NamesDirect.com back in 2001 and I have paid for URL and email forwarding and, I am paid up until 2014.

Suddenly, I am dead in the water and, a company called "Dotster" now seems have taken over NamesDirect and I am in limbo, I cannot get any support from them. I log in and, it tells me that my account has yet to be Migrated to new server but, it doesn't work on the now non-existent NamesDirect Nameserver.

So, I have been a customer of this company for over 10 years with paid services,, the company gets sold(?) and I lose all the services that i paid for.

I am not going to mention the loss of the email service that has screwed me around so badly.

Where are the "Inna-net Cops" when you need them, I feel like I have been robbed!

I feel your pain!! One of my domains was registered at a company that was taken over by Dotster. I called them for support because I couldn't change the DNS IP's. My domain had not been migrated properly. Fortunately I finally got a nice lady who helped me but it was a chore just to change my nameservers. Have you called their customer support?

I have met this question many times, I JUST ask my provide to solve it. They usually reply soon.

Top Affiliate Programs|Today's free android app

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I feel your pain!! One of my domains was registered at a company that was taken over by Dotster. I called them for support because I couldn't change the DNS IP's. My domain had not been migrated properly. Fortunately I finally got a nice lady who helped me but it was a chore just to change my nameservers. Have you called their customer support?
    Yes!

This issue started in early November and, as of today it is still down. I actually believed that they had 24-7 Support and called the number listed after hours. My first "Distress call" ended after a machine picked up, put me on hold and played music for 30 minutes.

2.) Second call next day: "Slight communications" barrier between Help-desk person and myself, he "looked" at my records and could not find any "History" of my purchase and use of domain and email services and, his suggestions was that I had to purchase them to have access to domain management and email services.

3.) Email to support detailing problem and, a "Ticket" was opened. I called support again referencing the Ticket number and was emailed a link that allowed me access to the old servers which, I reconfigured email accounts, forwarding and, Nameservers. I bookmarked the link, closed everything and waited 48 hours; Still dead. Ticket was closed as "Fixed over phone".

4.) I again attempt to check config and, the link to the old servers is broken and, I am back on the phone with support because the new servers do not recognize me as a consumer of their services. They "Investigate" and correct the problem.....NOT! Things happen and, for a couple of weeks, the priority level on this account is about at the same level as whale dropping on the bottom of the sea.

5.) Rested and determined, I call support again and finally get an American-English speaking person who says that my domain been migrated to the new server but, all of the information was not right; it should be working in 24-48 hours (so they say).

5.)BTW, I did not reiterate how long the hold times were and bad the music that blared out of my speakerphone was; I was as kind as possible to the "Agents" whose primary language appeared not to be English when I described my numerous contacts with phone support.

I am waiting to exhale......

Edited To Add: Except where mentioned, there were at least 5-7 days between each of those steps and my contacting support. I am not sitting here a patient, happy camper, I just know that screaming at support persons via the phone and/or firing off flaming emails to them will not work so, I just set aside a hour per week until they get it fixed.

Last edited by famous; 12-18-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Grammarand content

You know what, I had the exact same problem a week ago! After 3 weeks they replied back, telling me to switch my nameservers over to my second server until they got back up and running.

Just keep hasling and hasling until they answer!!
    Would be great if you could help me on my 'Financial Domains' post, bugging me atm!