Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Traffic Wave vs Aweber

Default Traffic Wave vs Aweber

Hi all,

I know most of you swear by Aweber; however, it is quite expensive especially when the number of subscribers goes up. On the other hand, Traffic wave is slightly cheaper and the cost remains the same regardless of whether one gets more subscribers or not. Any experience with Traffic Wave? Can you segment your subscribers with it? Could it really be a winner?

Regards,
    Mag D

I must say. Never heard of it. I'd love to hear some feedback from those who have. You ask a very good question about segmenting. To me, that's the best value for AWeber so I wonder if it is as good.

From just a short examination, it would appear that their support system is no where close to what you get from Aweber. This may not be as important to everyone, but I really appreciate all the information you get from Aweber. They give you a marketing education that seems well beyond almost anyone I've seen with statistically based studies of the results seen by people using their system.

Aweber also has templates and a template building system that many value although I have stuck with my own html/css coding to design pages for my newsletter, etc. Essentially it appears that Traffic Wave just has a few articles to guide you in your work.

If you want to go the economic route, you can save any expense by using one of the autoresponders provided by the better web hosts. For example, I use Dreamhost and they provide a free autoresponder.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

Thanks Lisa and James. Interesting points there, James. May you comment on Aweber's tracking system please. Is it accurate? Like, does it give you true statistics about your autoresponders' open rates?

If I may chime in... I am a supporter of MailChimp, which I have been using for some time now. Up to 2000 subs it is free (12000 emails max) and the only thing you have to pay for (if you want) is an autoresponder (I am going to do that soon, but I haven't tried it as yet, but I do know they are cheaper than aweber for smaller lists). Segmenting not a problem and support very good indeed.
    The only drawback is their site is a bit cryptic at times and it is not too easy to get the info you are looking for, but perhaps I have become lazy because they answer very quickly at any query you might have

I really like getresponse I feel they measure up to awebers standards and their statistics are true . I really like their services and support but they also have a price tag