Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: I got a nice surprise from adsense

Cool I got a nice surprise from adsense

Unfortunately due to Panda I've gotten to the point where I don't even check my adsense account very often, maybe once every couple of weeks. I've been making only a few dollars a day so far in 2012. I still usually pass the $100 threshold each month, but not by much.

So yesterday I went into my account for the first time in a while, and I noticed I made $20 yesterday. And for the past week or so I've been averaging about $15/day. My Christmas themed website has tripled in revenue since last year, but my traffic is about the same! Of course this is a seasonal site, so I only expect to make money from it around this time of year.

$20 in one day is a big jump for me. Yippee!!

Yes that's nice, especially since there are still at least 3 weeks before xmas gets old this season, so it's possible both your traffic and your CPC gets even higher quickly..
    Anyway a christmas site is meant to be seasonal, but if it works good this year, then next year it's probably going to do even better, you have several months to add content to it, by analyzing what worked well this season and creating more of it.

If you're also an amazon associate, you should try to add a banner about amazon gift cards, because it can gives idea of a cool gift for some of your visitors, even at the last minute.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Good for you, West! Yeah James is right, having a Holiday site also presents numerous opportunities with all the sales going on? Have you tried Skimlinks? It seems to be really good for retail/shopping sites. I'm testing it out on my hair site now.

That's pretty awesome, West! Keep up the good work.

Lisa, do you plan on doing a write-up on Skimlinks sometime? I'd love to hear about it.

Congrats! It all adds up quickly and "pay day" will be here before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Hey Belle,

Ana Hoffman has a fabulous post about it here http://www.trafficgenerationcafe.com/skimlinks-review/
    I have to do a lot of updating with this site. Unfortunately I probably won't get a chance to until after the holidays. But when I get around to it, I will definitely look int skimlinks. Especially now that my adsense ads are getting more clicks. I used to do really well with chitika on my baby shower site. I'll have to revisit that too.

Hi West.
    It is great that you have increased your earnings on AdSense. Personally I have never made any serious money with AdSense, but December has been a lot better than November so far. Not sure why, but I have almost made the same money in the first week of December that I did all November.
    Best regards
    Thomas
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook Fan page | YouTube | Google+

Update: Already today I've had my best adsense day so far in 2012! And what's crazy is that most of today's earnings are from my baby shower site, not the Christmas one. I'll have to start checking into my account more often! I hope this keeps up.

Congratulations! I've been watching my Adsense earnings daily like a hawk. Ha ha, some times once every few hours! It's surging upwards in November and December. I wonder whether this is seasonal. I also see improvements on CTR and CPC.

CPC increase sounds especially good because (unless you are talking different content pages) that may mean there is a pick up in the bidding on ads and advertisers are paying more which means you (and others) will be getting more from the same business.

If you are getting higher CTR, that would have more to do with your own content and display so we would have to manage that for ourselves. Congratulations on your good work.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

I've stopped checking my Adsense revenue since I make very little. I make more money from local websites targeted at local businesses. I invoice them and have my cash come in that way.

It would be nice to see Adsense revenue increase, but I am very wary of forming too much of an emotional attachment to that cash as I see it as easy come easy go money. I could get banned tomorrow for doing nothing wrong, as many other have been, like James.

It is a nice feeling when you log in after a while and see the spike in cash though I'm pleased for anyone who sees a well deserved reward

That's pretty awesome.... Extra money on autopilot always give you Big Smile....