Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Sell ebook through paypal

Default Sell ebook through paypal

I am looking for a tutorial so that I can sell my eBook on my website through Paypal.

I have written the eBook and created the sales page plus the PayPal sales button.

What I am looking to do is for Paypal to send an email after purchase with the download link. If this is possible, please send me the link/tutorial to do this...thanks
    Tony Rovere
    Stuff Seniors Need | Facebook |

I don't believe that PayPal will provide any service like that.

What you can do is set up the "re-direct" page with them that sends the user to a specific page on your site after a successful sale. There you could provide a link to the download.

If you use WordPress I believe there are some free eCommerce plugins that work with electronic subscriptions. They would tie into PayPal and provide a secure way of offering the link to paying customers only.
    Scott, K2ZS
    My Amateur Radio Page about antenna restrictions and indoor amateur radio antennas
    TGCDesign Web Solutions - specializing in CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine development
    Home automation ideas for todays smart home

Thanks for the advice...would you be able to recommend a specific plugin?

I am using WordPress.
    Tony Rovere
    Stuff Seniors Need | Facebook |

I just did a search on the plugin site for "digital downloads" and from what I can see, the plugin: "Easy Digital Downloads" seems a good candidate.

Never having done anything with selling ebooks or files don't take my word for it. Perhaps someone else has better information...
    Scott, K2ZS
    My Amateur Radio Page about antenna restrictions and indoor amateur radio antennas
    TGCDesign Web Solutions - specializing in CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine development
    Home automation ideas for todays smart home

Any reason you don't want to use Clickbank or eJunkie? That way you'll have an instant affiliate program for it.

I had the same question as the poster(thanks for asking, tony.rovere!) and am going with the plugin route via WP because I don't want to give up any portion of my sales right now (maybe later).

Is this a valid concern/how much would I be losing?, going the Clickbank or eJunkie route (have only done a bit of research on the how to use Clickbank part and not the how much). Thanks in Advance!
    Weeeeeeeeeeee!

With Clickbank it's 7% per sale and with eJunkie they don't take anything. They just charge $5/month. So there's pros and cons to both. So yeah you could use PayPal and only be charged 2% but you don't get the instant affiliate program which could earn you much more in the end. So it depends on what you value.

Tony

Another simple Wordpress plugin is "Easy Paypal" which you can find via your blog's control panel by doing a search via the "install Plugins" tab.

However, if you get to the stage you have other ebooks to sell from the same blog, you might consider using a plugin for an online store.

Neil.
    Fast PLR :Quality PLR : Turn It Around In No Time
    Graphics Choice :Templates, Graphics, Minisites & More
    MRR Store :A Turnkey Online Business With Every Product
    GottaHaveSoftware :You Need It? We've Got It.

Also there's a $50 fee for clickbank when first putting the product in their marketplace, so it's like 10 months of ejunkie + the commission they keep on each sales.
    They cost a lot, but you should increase the price of the product somehow to account for that and also for the affiliate commission.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month