Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do about copied content

Default What to do about copied content

I found today that someone has copied word for word some of my content, it's on a blogspot.ch site. How do you report something like that?

The site's in Romanian so I don't think writing to that person will help, is there any way to report that user to blogspot?
    Scott, K2ZS
    My Amateur Radio Page about antenna restrictions and indoor amateur radio antennas
    TGCDesign Web Solutions - specializing in CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine development
    Home automation ideas for todays smart home

Hi Scott, since it is a blogspot blog I would report it to Blogger so they can close down that blog. You can try using this form: http://support.google.com/bin/reques...t_type=lr_dmca.

I trust you found this on a search on google? Another thing you can do is file a DMCA request with them for removal of their results with your copyrighted work in them.

Here's some info from Google - http://support.google.com/bin/answer...answer=1120734

Thanks for that link Paul, I did see the "Report Abuse" link at the top of the page after I made this post, I'm just not sure if I should pursue an official complaint...

What are the possible ramifications with reporting this? I'm worried about him possibly starting a feud that may impact my rep on the web...

The user doesn't use adsense so it shouldn't hurt him there, I'd hate to see him "shut down" over one article...
    Scott, K2ZS
    My Amateur Radio Page about antenna restrictions and indoor amateur radio antennas
    TGCDesign Web Solutions - specializing in CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine development

You can always try to contact the owner of the blog and assk him to remove the article as it is copied from your site. If that doesn't work you can persue the Blogger method. I don't see him starting any feud as I have been in a similar situation and nothing came from it except my content being removed from the offending site.

Thanks Paul,

I ended up using the form and submitted the complaint.

I would never have found this out except that his version of the article is trying to draw images from the sites old URL (I just moved the site to my VPS) and was throwing many errors in my servers log...

I have since checked all of my pages with Copyscape and found no other problems...

Thanks for your help
    Scott, K2ZS

I've reported Blogger blogs before and Google removed it right away. It was a little more than just one page of content. Not sure how they will handle your situation. I'm not sure if they notify the person as to why the blog was removed or if they just take it down.

It's actually much easier to get it removed if they belong to AdSense -- especially when you file a DMCA report.

I personally have never had luck contacting the person so I always just go straight to the host as you did.

Thumbs up about copied content

it is really bad to copy others content . if you are not able to make your site way you built your site . plaese do not copy....

it is really bad to copy others content . if you are not able to make your site way you built your site . plaese do not copy.

I'm not surprised at Lisa's comment about not having good luck getting people to remove copyrighted material. Jeremy Shoemaker (Shoemoney) made a video about this problem. He has been willing to go to court with some of them and his experience is that until you spend some $100,000 or so you do not get results! Of course you can technically get that back in the case if you win but I do not expect I will invest that much in the pursuit!
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Can I complain for my own writing article in my blog for copyright contains ? Some of my article copy and use there site.

Could you reword that? I must be misunderstanding your question somehow, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what you want to know.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Default Report to Google blogger

You can report the issue to Google blogger. Personal writing would not help. You can start negative seo also for your blog promotion.

Thanks TechieGuy

for useful links......... Sure i use in future if any one try to copy my content.

Or, if that webmaster doesn't want to remove your copied content from his/her website, you can just ask him/her to at least put a link back to your website for some credit. If not, then you can report it Google through the link given above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast