Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats, James Colin! You're The MVP

Default Congrats, James Colin! You're The MVP

Congrats, James Colin! You earned the most amount of reputation points (115 total points) in the last month (with James, Scott/k2zs and Laura all coming in close right behind you). Thanks everyone for rewarding other members by using the reputation system (located in the bottom left corner of every post).

It's nice to see many different people taking the time to use the system.

Edit: Someone emailed me earlier about how rep points are calculated/awarded. Basically people who have higher reputations on WB, have greater influence when they give someone else rep points. So if a member who has 500 rep points gives James Colin rep points, it will have greater influence on his count than someone who has only 10 points. It's just the way the system is setup with vBulletin.

So perhaps in the future I could switch it up and sometimes award the person who earns the most rep points from different users. I'll change things up from time to time.

Hello, I suggest you modify the forum template to replace this cryptic black star by a bigger (if not taller, then wider) and more colorful icon that will make people notice it and want to use it when they feel one poster helped them..
    Or if you can't be bothered then add some text next to it like for the reply and reply with quote icons on the right side of that same icon bar.
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Yeah, older versions of vBulletin can use a plugin that allows members to "Thank" other members, which makes much more sense than "reputation" points. I am hoping someone will come up with a stable version for 4.0 but nothing yet. *crosses fingers*

Simply add "Say Thank You" next to the icon, that would be already only about 100 000 times better than the little black star which means nothing. :-)

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

Oh the days when forums use to use words like "Karma", "Exalt", and "Smite".

Congratulations James!
    My design blog theBluPrint
    Star Trek freeware LCARS app LCARS 47 Dev Blog

Congrats, James. I was sleeping on giving you your props. I didn't know we had a new winner.

I'm pretty sure I saw you on Digital Point the other day, too. You work these forums pretty hard. Great Job!

Yes, before my adsense ban, I used to enjoy most of my computer time on the forums and a little bit on my sites :-)
    Now I'm spending more time on my sites to develop my earnings from affiliate marketing since the adsense source has gone, but I still find time for the forums, I don't use many, only wb, dp and that's about it.. Today I finally registered to warriorforum which I knew for a long time but never bothered registering, now since I will do affiliate marketing only, I think it is a good place to have an account and read some old threads to catch up and not have to re-invent the wheel, even if things are changing, I'm sure there is a lot to learn from the members there, but I swear I won't buy an ebook about it :-)

Congrats, James!
    http://affiliatemarketingschoolbook.com/images/WB-graphic.jpg

Thanks Laura!

See Lisa, I've just registered for the first time in warrior forum despite knowing it for years, and they have a thank button:
    post_thanks.gif
    :-)

Even though I'm late to the part. Congrats James.

Chad

Sorry I can't edit my post here so gonna post this again.

I meant to say. Party not Part. lol
    Here we go. I'll write it again.

Even though I'm late to the party. Congrats James.

Chad

Thank you whland, I would happily thank you via the forum, but I can't see any "thank you" button hahaha

Or just replace the star with the THANKS button that I've shown here : http://www.websitebabble.com/showthr...893#post191893
    taken from another well known forum..

Because this black star really means nothing to anybody :-)

Nowadays we could also transform the star into +1 or LIKE buttons. But THANKS is fine too.

Yeah I need to get on that. It really does make sense.

Wow, you have awesome contests, Lisa!

Great way to get more credibility.

I agree, with previous suggestions.

Star should be colorful and bigger (thanks button will be even better, I guess). I think report button could be colorful too (red), even though it's not frequently used. For now these little icons kinda blend with the overall theme, which is not good.

I didn't even know there is reputation for a while
    http://alekseyzuravlov.com - Business Growth, Leadership and Motivation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast