Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Search Engine Friendly Designs/Templates

Default Search Engine Friendly Designs/Templates

Hello,

I know Lisa mentioned somewhere that the design/template for her flat stomach exercise site contains the Content on the top and the Side Bar or left navigation below content. And she mentioned that it helps "somehow" with page load time? I wonder if I got that correct, but somehow, the way one setup the html template and css affects the time it takes for a page to load on a browser.

How do you set up a template such that your content load faster? I know that things like some javascripts like facebook and share button apps may delay the page's load time.
    I have also noticed that on some websites, the content load immediately but the header and nav bar takes a little while. How do you set them up to load at the same time?

May you please share your strategy to optimize for quick page loads on SE.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by MagD; 08-08-2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MagD View Post
    Hello,

I know Lisa mentioned somewhere that the design/template for her flat stomach exercise site contains the Content on the top and the Side Bar or left navigation below content. And she mentioned that it helps "somehow" with page load time? I wonder if I got that correct, but somehow, the way one setup the html template and css affects the time it takes for a page to load on a browser.

How do you set up a template such that your content load faster? I know that things like some javascripts like facebook and share button apps may delay the page's load time.
    I have also noticed that on some websites, the content load immediately but the header and nav bar takes a little while. How do you set them up to load at the same time?

May you please share your strategy to optimize for quick page loads on SE.

Many thanks.
    To optimize, it's simple, it's all about page weight. That is, how many KB or (gasp) MB your web page is, the more KB's the heavier the page and the more time it will take to download the page. As such you want a low page weight.

Text never takes up too much KB size, so you shouldn't have to worry about that too much.

Normally the elements that slow down a website the most are the graphics, that is banners and images. So it's essential to optimise them (reduce file size (KB) without degrading quality too much), you can use an image editor like the free GIMP or PhotoShop Elements to do that. Unless you are doing a portfolio site for say wedding photography, aim for you images to be be lower than 40kb.

Fancy navigation bars, that reference javascript library can take a moment or two, to load. My advice is to keep you navigation as simple as possible requiring as few external references as possible.

Media (Music, slideshows etc) can also slow down the download time of a webpage, so it's important to minimise their usage on the home page, and to optimise and best as possible on other pages.

Call to external reference, such as FB, Twitter feeds, Google Analytics should all be done at the last possible moment to allow the page to load first.

Reduce the nuber of CSS and JavaScript file you have, kinda advanced, but if you know how to do it.

There are site like SEO Optimisation where you can input your website and it will tell you the page weight and how much each element is contributing to that. You can also use the PageSpeed extension/plugin for FireFox and Chrome.

IMHO it's better from a visitor point of view to see a page loading, than to halt the page until eveything has been pulled across the internet and then displayed. It can be done but it woul dbe counter productive.

Many SEO Analysts have the term search engine friendly Web design. The website is accessible from the commercial search Engine. This are some of the main points on how you can create a website that is search engine friendly.
    1)Add Text to Your Images, Flash and Videos
    2)Validate Your HTML Code
    3)reate Relevant Title Tags
    4)Use Straight HTML Navigation Links
    5)Eliminate Content Duplication
    6)Remove Hidden Text

1. Add Meta Tags
    2. Add Meta Description
    3. Add title Tag
    4. Include Keywords
    5. Reduce Keyword Repetation
    6. Avoid Captas
    7. Avoid WWW redirection Error

For wordpress I have used WP Super Cache for fast loading

Tips for Search Engine Friendly Templates

1. Research your Keywords
    2. Put text on your pages
    3. Count Every Page
    4. Use Your 50 Magic Words
    5. Put Alt Text on All Images
    6. Write Effective Page Titles
    7. Box Clever
    8. Use Your Head!
    9. Think About Links
    10. Use meaningful Directory and File Names

Good Web Design For SEO

Content is the Key in Website optimization. Content is Nothing But Number, Why Visitors are looking For Our Website. The Content Will Fulfill the need of the Visitor. Whearter The need of the Information or a Service and It should Communicate With visitors clearly.

This isn't going to have a huge effect, but I've heard that when posting links to your site, it's best to format them with the www in place and with a forward slash at the end, and this supposedly makes your page load faster, if only by a fraction of a second.

Example:

http://www.websitebabble.com/

instead of

http://websitebabble.com

Many SEO Analysts have the term to have Different Interpretations of the Term of Search Engine friendly Web Design. Other SEO Professionals Beleave The Search engine Friendly Web design is indexation. Make Every Web pages are Necessary To Indexed In Search Engine.
    These Are the Necessary Features of Search Engine Friendly Websites. They are:
    1) Dynamic Title Tag, Meta tag and Description
    2) Static Urls
    3) Category Identifiers
    4) Avoid URL Redirection Error

Search Engine Friendly Website design and Templates. When it Comes Website design We must take two main routs. A Website Design built on a template or a complete Custom Design. Each option has advantages and reason as what They may be a Good choice of a Particular Business.
    What is a Template Design
    What is a Custom Design
    Advantages/Disadvantages
    Choosing a Route

Default Search Engine friendly Design

I am very interested in your discussion about the search engine friendly design and template because such design are get top ranking on the search engine.

Search engine Friendly website design meants to design the website easy to catch the search Engine. Not only Google all of the Search Engine. We have put a set of template sets that present search engine friendly URL's.

Website design | Web designer