Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: If I have ebook and a Wordpress site

Default If I have ebook and a Wordpress site

If I have an ebook and I want to upload it to my site which is in Wordpress, how do I do it?

I've never uploaded a PDF through WordPress but I'm assuming you can just use the media upload that you use for images.

I always upload manually using FTP and put it in one folder for all my ebooks to make things easy to find. There are many tutorials on youtube for how to use an FTP program.

i think that it would be best to upload it to your web host account directly since from there you can always get a link that can be used on all your wordpress pages without any problems but then try going to media and then uploading the pdf ebook

On our site [link removed], we have several free ebooks viewers can download freely. We use the plug Document Links Widget. Once you have installed and activated the plugin a heading for it appears in the Control panels left sidebar. Also, go into the Widget section and move the Documents Links Widget to your sidebar.

Upload your files (should be in zip,pdf,doc format etc) to the Media Library and they will appear when you open the Document Links tab in the sidebar. Tick the files you want to appear to your viewers.

Neil
    Last edited by k2zs; 07-19-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Link Removed

Good morning Neil,

I have removed the link to your own site due to the rules of this forum. Please take a moment to read Lisa's rules and posting guidelines before posting again.
    Scott, K2ZS
    My Amateur Radio Page about antenna restrictions and indoor amateur radio antennas
    TGCDesign Web Solutions - specializing in CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine development
    Home automation ideas for todays smart home

Hello my friend!!

God to media and upload media Its simple !!

good luck,
    zourkas

hello
    i have a similar but slightly different question. i have an audio that i want to use for list building and the squeeze page is designed with dreamweaver cs6. My question is how to i set it up so that people who give their email addresses can download the audio. Thnx family

I would say that you should be able to use your email campaign program or software you have on your desktop to automatically send them the free Audio file. Or you could make it so that once you fill out the form it takes them to a page that lets them download the link where the file is.

The recommendation by Jeremy (popas) is probably the best idea. You don't mention it, but remember to set up your form information to assure they understand you are enrolling them in a newsletter, or a notification list or something—whatever approach you are using, so you will not be misleading them or you will be considered a spammer when you use the list. Also, using the auto-responder allows you to secure the opt-in which is essential for the same reason.

The auto-responder (I really like Aweber although you may have a free one offered by your web host) will allow you to easily set up a letter thanking them for requesting your ebook and providing a link for download.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

You can upload ebook to a dedicated folder or to the root - i prefer root. then the link will be yourdomain.com/name of ebook

To the OP...Depending what you want to do with it, Scribd may work

wow nice information thanks for sharing but i worked in joomla we can upload their directly

Hello, in WordPress you can upload, store, and display a variety of file types (media). The most common file types are image, video and audio files, but other file types such as document files, spreadsheet files, and code samples (amongst others) can also be managed within WordPress.

Media can be uploaded via the Media Media Add New SubPanel or Media Library SubPanel in the admin area, or via quick links on the edit screen.

In order to upload media, you may need to ensure that the correct file permissions are set for the wp-content directory in your WordPress installation.