Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is CSS Submission?

Default What is CSS Submission?

Hi Folks,

What is CSS Submission?? I'm hearing this term first time. Is it used for link building purpose?? If so how can I use it. Please let me know about it in brief. thanks!!!

Hi Shailender - CSS is a webpage structure and is considered to be useful for SEO and also for editing, changing site layouts without it affecting the content or the links. CSS format allows you to create pages where all your files related to design, formatting, fonts, colors, etc, are separately stored and the content is separately listed. It is good for SEO because the search engine can actually read (crawl) the design codes and the content separately. This means that it does not need to delve into complex codes before actually finding content - it is good for ranking. The pages also load much faster in CSS structures.
    CSS submissions are just like directory submissions where your efforts will earn you a backlink. CSS submissions are supposed to add more value to the link because of the separate crawl benefits that search engines have. So, if your content is really good, it is easier to get search traffic through a CSS submission link. There are many CSS submission sites out there - some are free and some are not....
    Hope this helps...

CSS (Cascading style sheets) is a common application used to style web pages. It has lot of properties and these properties will aid in production attractiveness and giving the best design for a site.

Yah..true dat Sixerr. Shailender, simply put-CSS is used for site design and layout, while HTML is for content. As Sixerr said, your HTML pages will be clean from lots of code. The CSS have lot of codes that tell the browser how to display your HTML content. The advantage of CSS is that, when you want to change, say, header image, background color, navigation, you simply go to your CSS and make changes there. This will make a site wide change compared to having to manual change all these thing on every HTML page you have. So, CSS submission...means that you simply submit your CSS page. Just like with RSS.

Default What is CSS submission?

CSS submissions refers to the sending or "submitting" of your web page(s) as models of outstanding CSS design to a "gallery" or site that displays them for others to see and compare.

Essentially these galleries are just directories that have the intention of showing off your CSS skills rather than having a focus on the content of your site. Their primary value is probably for web page designers to show off their work and hopefully get business. Of course some are better than others.

CSS submission sites are sites that will send your contribution to a list of gallery sites. Some of these are free and some charge a fee.

The SEO value is primarily one of having the link to your site. Unfortunately this means many people submit their sites to these galleries in order to get the links for SEO and that deletes the value of the sites for finding good models of CSS (sort of like those who post on our forum pretty much meaningless posts just to get links). Nevertheless, some of these sites might be useful for us to study CSS techniques as much as it is for some to check out designers they might want to hire.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

CSS submission is a kind of link building strategies of search engine optimization which is used to increase search engine popularity as well as search engine ranking by posting a variety of images or pictures at various CSS sites like http://www.cssdrive.com/, http://coolhomepages.com/, http://www.cssmayo.com/ .
    Last edited by Allen Santiago; 09-07-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    CSS submissions refers to the sending or "submitting" of your web page(s) as models of outstanding CSS design to a "gallery" or site that displays them for others to see and compare.

Essentially these galleries are just directories that have the intention of showing off your CSS skills rather than having a focus on the content of your site. Their primary value is probably for web page designers to show off their work and hopefully get business. Of course some are better than others.

CSS submission sites are sites that will send your contribution to a list of gallery sites. Some of these are free and some charge a fee.

The SEO value is primarily one of having the link to your site. Unfortunately this means many people submit their sites to these galleries in order to get the links for SEO and that deletes the value of the sites for finding good models of CSS (sort of like those who post on our forum pretty much meaningless posts just to get links). Nevertheless, some of these sites might be useful for us to study CSS techniques as much as it is for some to check out designers they might want to hire.
    Thanks James,

For answering my query.

I think CSS helps to reduce the page weight of the website...

Default Unfortunately...

The main benefits of CSS submission is that always the code is unique
    Unfortunately, while that may have been the intent of the CSS gallery sites, the fact that every Tom, Darlene, and Harry posts their sites for expected SEO advantage means you cannot count on that at all. Even worse, I suspect that many if not most of the gallery sites were just an attempt to build a link site that Google would not recognize for what it is. Of course Google is not that dumb.

Then the submission sites just send out your code to all these galleries. Unless you are an unusually talented CSS person, if you submit your CSS you just add to the problem.

If you are wanting to find good examples of CSS code, the best place to look is somewhere like the CSS Zen Garden.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

CSS submission is the submission of CSS codes in the directories that provide templates. The Css code is only effective when it is unique and qualitative and hence it helps to generate huge traffic and backlinks.

Well didn't know about CSS submission thanks much for the information shared.
    A complete solution for Prescription eyeglasses

Hi Shailender,

I hope its clear to now so I won't write about it.

But would like to tell you all that I built a website in August 2009 and submitted it to around 200 CSS galleries. You guys won't believe that my site got Page Rank 5 in the month of October'09 (just in 3months). I never knew before that CSS galleries can also bring in this PR for a brand new website

CSS Submission is a useful technique in SEO Off Page Optimization. In CSS Submission you have to submite Website name, URL, Title, Description, Screen shot or pic, Designer name.

But,are they really helpful.

I haven't seen any Seo Company including it in their package.

I think CSS submission is good techniques on page optimization beneficial for website ranking and indexing nice job keep it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast