Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: How do I download my template from file manager and get it to show up on Dreamweaver?

Default How do I download my template from file manager and get it to show up on Dreamweaver?

I lost all data on my HDD including copy from my site. I currently care only about template cos that's pretty much only thing was there. I downloaded all the images, style.css file, index.html file and also files called .htaccess and .ftpquota (idk if they are in any way connected with template) from my file manager.

So what I need now is to figure out how can I open that template into Dreamweaver, or browser, by clicking index.html file like I can with all the other templates and so it would look good. It just opens as text and template images does not shows up. What I'm doing wrong? Am I missing some files or something?

Hi Eva,

Do you have an FTP program? Its to give you access to ALL your server files from your web browser.

If you don't, get one installed, they are free to download for Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Then you can log-in to your site on the server and copy and paste "transfer" all your files to your desktop. "new HD?"

Then, you can setup a new site connection in Dreamweaver and make any changes you need. Once the changes are complete, you can transfer the files, images, php files, etc, back to the server.

Or FTP them back to the server and replace the existing files online like before "upload/download/transfer".

I hope it helps. The files on your server should all be OK, no matter what your hard drive did "crash?".

Steve

Well, I downloaded FileZilla and I connected to my website and downloaded files. And now it works! My template shows ups right! I'm not sure why tho cos all the files I downloaded are the same what I downloaded without FileZilla... but it works. Thank you very much sir! ^^

Hi Eva,

You will see a LOT of files from the download, that you might not understand OR need to change.

Are you using Dreamweaver exclusivity? No WordPress, Themes, Purchased Templates and so on?

Are you relaxed using Dreamweaver? It will give you several options to protect your files and any updates you make. If you have any question, just ask.

And Remember: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!

It comes in handy when you lose everything; Doesn't it!
    A lesson learned well, is a good lesson.

I'm glad your back up and running,
    Steve

hi,

i am also using dreamweaver for creating my own website but i don't know how to make use of templates to make it more attractive.can anyone explain it?