Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Fiverr to get Facebook Likes - What are your thoughts?

Default Using Fiverr to get Facebook Likes - What are your thoughts?

I have a new Facebook Page set up for a new blog that I created, and now that Facebook has changed back to the rule of having 25 likes before you can get your vanity URL, I was wondering about something. While my gut is telling me it's not a good idea, I have heard that people can buy likes for their fan page at fiverr.com and get 100 to 200 likes within 24 hours. I suspect that this would not be quality likes at all, even though it might bump my likes up to get the vanity URL I want.

Does anyone know about this technique of using Fiverr? Is it legitimate, or would it simply invite hackers somehow (even though you don't give them your password or anything like that)? I can't imagine how they are getting people 100 or 200 likes for a new page for only $5? It doesn't seem to add up to me. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!
    Sharon

I sort of view this like paying those services to get more YouTube subscribers. Yeah you may be able to get some automated service to make your stats look better and maybe it will even make you get Partner. But if you don't have the engagement, then what's the point of having the subscribers? I'd rather have 1,000 people like my page who are genuinely interested instead of 10,000 people who were paid and aren't targeted. Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree - would rather have engaged subscribers. The Fiverr thing just felt fishy to me, and I was leery of it. But darn Facebook for changing back the rule. LOL -- I had just set up a page the month prior and didn't have to have any likes at all. Turns out I won't be using that page, at least not for awhile, and it's got a vanity URL. But I'm guessing that long, lengthy ugly URL would still work in all of my follow-up emails in Aweber even when I get a vanity URL? I hope -- otherwise, I will have 60 of them to go through and change. Yikes!

LOL, yeah it will. I remember using my old one accidentally when I got my vanity URL. So you're fine.

I have a friend who spent $5 and got 1.000 likes.
    He said that it's sole purpose is to kind of show others to LIKE it.
    He also said, that it is more likely for people to click on LIKE if they feel they are not alone on that page.
    In my opinion, it is not "organic" traffic, and therefore, not worth $5.

These are just bots and they will never interact on your page. Some say they are good for social proof but if you have a few hundred likes and none of them comment on your posts, then it actually looks worse. If i came to a page that had hundreds of likes but no interaction on the page, it would make me think the content is rubbish.

I did a little more research on this subject, and it definitely confirmed that this would not be a way to go even if you just wanted to do it once to get 25 likes for the vanity URL. In addition to bots, they actually get some real people (or should I said weirdos? LOL) . . . and those people will write crazy things on your page like, "I don't feel good today." Or they might write, "I'm having such a bad day today." Those types of comments are definitely not relevant for anyone's business page. And really, it's not like it takes forever to get 25 likes on a page. So having something like this would not be worth it in my view. I had just heard about it from someone that I actually respected that does well for himself and has likes and good interaction, but I'm guessing this was one thing he never actually did.
    At Online Success Path, YOUR SUCCESS matters to us!
    Visit our Blog and get 4 FREE gifts to help you succeed online
    Step-by-Step Training...at zero cost to you! Chat with us on Facebook

Buying love is unsexy.
    Being an intellectual prostitute as a webmaster is highly unbecoming.

Automated products may only work (for the long term) when the content is (really) good (and well targeted), other wise you have lots of false leads.

I recommend posting all status updates and commentary (especially pictures) to your Facebook page, then sharing from your Facebook page to your timeline or profile, and everywhere else (like groups or friends). You kill 3 birds with one stone, you spoke your mind, you posted to your page, and you promoted your page. (I should have charged for this advice. lol)

Consider simply asking people to go to your page and like, but first let them know you will asking them int he coming days to like the page, then keep giving notice, then after a few days, do the grand launch and push it hard.

This thing is a multi-front war effort you know, one angle at growth is a dangerous cancer.

My 3 cents.
    Last edited by viz-fact; 06-05-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Hi there.

Just a side note. I just created a new Facebook page yesterday and you don't need to get 25 likes anymore to get vanity url. You can choose the vanity url immediately when you create the page.

However with 30 likes you get Facebook Insights which gives you statistics about your Facebook page.

Hi lei -- how odd that it would allow you to get a vanity URL without 25 likes. I did create a page last month, I think it was, and the restriction had been lifted. But just a couple weeks ago, when I set up a new page, it had the restriction back in place. Maybe they have changed it yet again. LOL! With facebook you just never know.

In any case, I'll go look to be sure I didn't miss something. But just a couple of days ago, I know it said I had to have some additional likes to get the vanity URL plus use Facebook Insights as well.
    At Online Success Path, YOUR SUCCESS matters to us!
    Visit our Blog and get 4 FREE gifts to help you succeed online
    Step-by-Step Training...at zero cost to you! Chat with us on Facebook

I've purchased a program awhile ago that helps you with your YouTube videos and the creator (as well as some of the other people who purchased the program) absolutely love places like Fiverr to do outsourcing work but they focus more on having people edit video clips so you can focus on the work that you actually enjoy doing. It seems like a good place to go to have little things done, but not get "likes" or "follows" or "subscribers" if you want quality results.

Like you Sharon, I was a bit surprised that I could create a vanity url for my fan page especially since I don't have 25 people but it allowed me to do it and that was a few days ago. Before that I had created a sub-domain from my hosting account and started plastering that all over the place. That could be an option for you if Facebook is still flip-flopping on you.

I wouldn't be doing this. It isn't natural, it's manipulative. This is exactly like buying links and trying to rank in search engines. This is how the Google Penguin gets you. Off-topic, but same concept.

Yes, I agree Fiverr is a good freelancing site and a good way to get the likes by just spending $5

Well, im not really sure about the 25 like rule, i have a new page and it in was 5 like, and i have a vanity url.
    About the fiverr like thing, its good to start with fiverr like of at most 1000 like, even though they are fake like, the probability that people will like your page is high because u already have existing like. Then what u will do next is to search for those having same page with you ,You can do that by typing the the keyword on your the facebook search page. Then look for page own by company be sure it own by company, then pay for status update.. You can barging on price, usually about 5-7 dollars,next contact the page admin ask him to post a status update on his page. Be sure to select the page that have about 60k like above.. That the deal. You will get more discount if you use their service again and again. Keep repeating this system with anther company. Its is the best way to get real human like. Another thing is be-sure to check how many and how people are commenting on his/her post before you contact the admin as that will give you an insight of a real human page.

or instead of spending $5 on Fiverr, spend it on Facebook advertising and get real human likes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast