Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Integration: s2Membership-AWeber-Paypal

Default Integration: s2Membership-AWeber-Paypal

What's up, crew?

I need a good, tight, simple model for learning e-commerce integrations. I'm not even sure if the things I mentioned up top accurately describe what I want to do. So let me sketch it out a little:

• My website is set up to provide good free information
    • If they want to get some better freebies they sign up for a free membership
    • For the membership option I've set up an s2membership
    • In the process of setting up s2 I went with the flow and created a Paypal account and integrated it with my site
    • This membership function was thought of because I wanted to build a list for email marketing in the future
    • I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out how AWeber fits into the equation and trying to keep the project in scope without letting all the info become more intimidating than what it appears

Now, with that said, can someone throw me a bone and provide me with a link or resource that spells out the eCommerce process in a round-about way? I love to learn, but this component is pretty mind bending right now and I'm having a little trouble understanding the overall logic on how to integrate all three marketing tools.
    Last edited by clay; 04-24-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spell check

Cool Integration

Are you writing your site from scratch or are you using some sort of CMS to build your site for you?
    Development / Technology: Jaress Loo: Tech
    Music: Jaress Loo: Music
    Finance: Jaress Loo: Finance

I'm using WordPress. Thanks for asking. I should have added that.

Cool eCommerce

No worries.

So, if your site is free, then what are you using Paypal for?

eCommerce usually means your selling something on your site and you want to provide a way for your users to buy something. Usually this includes a shopping cart of some sort as well.
    Development / Technology: Jaress Loo: Tech
    Music: Jaress Loo: Music
    Finance: Jaress Loo: Finance

It's all good, bro. Thanks for the shout.

I'm in the process of researching the s2Member Pro plugin and how it incorporates all three things I mentioned up top. The upgrade basically ties together my membership service, email marketing and my ability to collect on products I have available for purchase.

I got this idea from Frank Kern. Some folks aren't big on this guy, but his video on how to 'make offers' really hit home with me. He explains how to create an email marketing campaign that cross references A Weber stats, poll information you gain from customer feedback and current sales conversions. Too much to explain in a couple sentences, but look it up sometime. I thought it was pretty fascinating how we can set up an automated email machine used to sell e-goods.

All in all, I know this one is going to take me awhile to think through because there are a lot of options with the plugin that I've never played with. Then again, I always become enamored by new technical things at first. I'll get back with you in a couple months when I learn how to set it all up! Again, thanks for the reply Jaressloo.

Archie-

You build a list by giving away free stuff. This free stuff adds value to your overall product (your information). The idea is to have your customer become a free member of your community and give them free stuff continually- then intermittently sell.