How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: domain names idea but stuck to choose

Default domain names idea but stuck to choose

I am in a dilemma. I am really finding a hard time to find a good domain name for my fashion blog but I have two I am set to use but I am just stuck what to stick with...I either want to use GeerteFashionBlog.com or LuxeAddictionBlog.com...what would be a perfect choice?

First option is based on my last name just shorten of my actual real last name ( It's Geertsema but I just shorted to Geerte. Pronounce as Gear-Teh.)
    Second option is based on my user name I go to a different forum dedicated to handbags.

Originally I wanted to use Mia'sfashionBlog.com but I felt a little apprehensive and silly to use a fictional character I made based on my own novel to host as a blog writer.

glg,

Your dilemma is one that most blogger run across. Looking at both options above either one would be good for your fashion blog but to be totally honest, If I were into fashion and I ran across those names, I probably wouldn't visit your site because the names just don't appeal to me. However, I might be more likely to visit your fashion blog if it were named Miasfashionblog.com. The reason I say this is because any blog that has the first name in the .com makes it more personable and inviting. These are just my ideas. So I say go with the 3rd option and it will help people identify you along with your fashion agendas for your site.

KC
    Kevin Camon ~ Atlanta, Ga.
    Turkey Brine Recipes ~ The Best Brine Recipes for your Holiday Turkey!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Natural Disaster List ~ Get The Latest! Be In The Know! Be Prepared!

Hi glg,

Oh...the fun and stress of selecting your domain name!

From my experience, the most important element of the domain name is to be sure it reflects the site concept. Not only will this help humans "key in" on what your site is about, but it can assist with SEO.

One other thought you could try...Google for fashion blogs and see which ones come up in the top search results...look at their domain names. Perhaps that will aid you in really "knowing" what name to use.

OK, now to actually answer your question ...if I had to make a selection from the two options...if you are really well known as an "authority" in the handbag forum, you might already have a "following" to draw on...and the use of a familiar "handle" in the domain could work to your benefit.

Hope this helps!

Until next time...Annie

Just my 2 cents, but if you are building a fashion niche market site, I would have the word "fashion" in the sites domain name.

GeerteFashionBlog.com is going to help you make the first main step for the search engines; Fashion Blog. Geerte, will help you brand your site.

Just my ideas.
    Steve

Default Not a hard decision in this case.

As usual, Steve (esmconcepts) offers excellent advise.

In this case the name GeerteFashionBlog.com is easily the best without question. The others are not only weak, they are especially poor. LuxeAddictionBlog.com has nothing to do with you or fashion and if people are searching for "addiction" they are very unlikely looking for a fashion site. And as far as Mia, what has she to do with your site's purpose so that people looking for you would enter that into Google?

But even with this first option, you do not want to use Geerte unless that is the name you will use in your work. Better to make it GeertsemaFashionBlog if you are going to use the full Geertsema as a marketing name. However, as you have considered the shorter name better yourself I think I would use it, but you must use it as your business name as well—or if you are using a different business name use that.
    Good Success!

"If your content doesn’t drive activity or conversations, don’t expect it to drive links." —Tom Schmitz, Search Engine Land

^
    I forgot to mention that I am not really fond of my last name...that it why I came up the the word Geerte. ^.^;

I definitely think I have now reached my decision...I will use GeerteFashionBlog for my blog domain name.
    Thank you everyone your your opinions and insights of knowledge!

I think GeerteFashionBlog.com is more perfect, more people reading and writing habits

Hello glg,

I believe that the first name is more close to you!! I reject the second because i don't like the word addiction !! Just my opinion

Thank you,
    zourkas

You should try free web tool bustaname . com for this purpose. It give good suggestions.

Hi glg1992

Something interesting just happened. A new user just replied to this thread as if they were you but under a different name. Since the post is from a new member, it's still in the moderation queue and never went live. So either you have dual personalities or something weird is going on here. lol