Thread: Book Promoting

Default Book Promoting

I am currently in the process of promoting a book, angled towards the Constitution name
    "IN DEFENSE OF THE CONSTITUTION: AN ANALYSIS". I have currently put the book on amazon,etc but I am still looking for an effective way of marketing this book and getting reviews for it but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone have any ideas and experience in this field ? If so it would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on how to get bloggers to review my book, I am offering a free copy to the first blogger who wants to review it.

Quote Originally Posted by editor5897 View Post
    I am currently in the process of promoting a book, angled towards the Constitution name
    "IN DEFENSE OF THE CONSTITUTION: AN ANALYSIS". I have currently put the book on amazon,etc but I am still looking for an effective way of marketing this book and getting reviews for it but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone have any ideas and experience in this field ? If so it would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on how to get bloggers to review my book, I am offering a free copy to the first blogger who wants to review it.
    Have you thought about contacting popular bloggers that have sites relevant to your niche and offer them a free copy? This happens to me all the time. Now I may not have time to review a lot of them, but when it happens to me, I'm quite grateful.

You mentioned you are offering a free copy but have you actually gone out and emailed the bloggers or do you just have a standing offer on your site?

Default Book Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Have you thought about contacting popular bloggers that have sites relevant to your niche and offer them a free copy? This happens to me all the time. Now I may not have time to review a lot of them, but when it happens to me, I'm quite grateful.

You mentioned you are offering a free copy but have you actually gone out and emailed the bloggers or do you just have a standing offer on your site?
    At the moment I don't currently have any connections to any bloggers so I just have the offer standing now, but I would be honored if anybody would review the book.

Check out this link. It offers some places to get books reviewed.

http://blog.bookbaby.com/2012/08/5-p...ooks-reviewed/

Bernie

Hey,

I think giving a free copy to bloggers so that they can review it is a good idea. Find communities in your 'niche' such as forums and get involved.

You could also try PPC advertising but you would need to work out conversions of your website (if you had one) so that you know how much to spend on traffic etc.

This is my opinion but I think books "hard copy" is going to go out of the window as more and more people turn to devices to read books from. Apple is a great company, not by their products but their ability to predict what will stand the test of time and what won't for instance; one of the first companies to drop Flash on their mobile devices, One of the first companies to drop Floppy disc drives and now moving onto; reducing their product lines with CD Drives as people use the internet to download software - Reducing the need to print such as booking cards etc... and now they are (and already have) moved into the book industry promoting their iBooks store.

There is however some people who prefer reading an actual book but companies are working harder and harder to convert them by offering anti-glare, brightness adjustment and ease of use etc...

My advice, turn this into an e-book or utilize the information into a niche website.

correction; Apple never dropped Flash, they never used it at all via their Mobiles.

Join Goodreads > Ask out for Bloggers on Forums > Pick your choice > Make a Deal > Enjoy the Sale! BINGO!