Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does my plan have potential?

Default Does my plan have potential?

Hey forum,

I'm wondering if the following idea has potential.

I have already registered the domain and hosting to get myself started but it's just there for now.

Now on to my idea...

I have looked online over the past few years on losing serious weight. I have seen a few online who either promote products ("Magic" pills/super plan etc) but I've never really seen them actually do the work or show their progress.

I myself want to start living a healthier lifestyle and want other's to see they can do it by me doing it.

What I thought would be best is to have my blog with information on the topic, make youtube videos weekly with progress/feedback/how I'm doing etc and maybe after some time I could start promoting a product (Plan/supplement).

But I'm not sure if I should just promote any product as that would probably only get me some freebies from the company as opposed to an income or side income.

So I thought I could keep a diary of my progress and give tips to others through my experiences but only releasing it when I get to my target weight which could take 2-3 years.

Does this sound like a good idea at all or should I think of something else?

And if there's any tips for what I should do with my site for know LMK as I will be working in a very quiet shop for the next three weeks and will have internet access.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by consumed View Post
    Hey forum,

I'm wondering if the following idea has potential.

I have already registered the domain and hosting to get myself started but it's just there for now.

Now on to my idea...

I have looked online over the past few years on losing serious weight. I have seen a few online who either promote products ("Magic" pills/super plan etc) but I've never really seen them actually do the work or show their progress.

I myself want to start living a healthier lifestyle and want other's to see they can do it by me doing it.

What I thought would be best is to have my blog with information on the topic, make youtube videos weekly with progress/feedback/how I'm doing etc and maybe after some time I could start promoting a product (Plan/supplement).

But I'm not sure if I should just promote any product as that would probably only get me some freebies from the company as opposed to an income or side income.

So I thought I could keep a diary of my progress and give tips to others through my experiences but only releasing it when I get to my target weight which could take 2-3 years.

Does this sound like a good idea at all or should I think of something else?

And if there's any tips for what I should do with my site for know LMK as I will be working in a very quiet shop for the next three weeks and will have internet access.

Thanks!
    I think that it's a fabulous plan. First of all, websites that promote any type of information related to living a healthier life, exercise, juicing, pills etc are one of the most searched topics on the internet. You will have plenty of competition but don't let that discourage you.

I think that people love to see practical application. If you start your personal plan, keep a journal and daily updates with videos, you could gain a lot of people coming back to your site daily just to see your progress. Your own content, your own youtube videos, will jump start your site for ranking. There are millions of people looking to loose weight every single day and your site could do very will with the right SEO optimization, and marketing.

Keep in mind that, once you get this ball rolling and have people following your success, you're kind of obligated to stick with it. If you are progressing, and you're sharing your progress on your site. Your visitors will want to see do it so they can do as well. So, make your plan, start your journal, create your videos, and share it all on your site. Just remember in doing so to be completely honest and simple.

Good luck and keep us posted

KC
    Kevin Camon ~ Atlanta, Ga.
    Turkey Brine Recipes ~ The Best Brine Recipes for your Holiday Turkey!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Natural Disaster List ~ Get The Latest! Be In The Know! Be Prepared!

Really its a nice idea I think you should go for this and grab the opportunity. People love to watch video's and Youtube is a excellent way to promote and make base market. just go ahead. Good Luck

2-3 years to reach your target weight? I'm not sure that would be considered a very effective way to lose weight! There's a lot of competition out there in weight loss and many people want fast results so it would be tough to promote a 2-3 year option. I'm all for going for overall healthier eating instead of fad diets.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCamon View Post
    I think that it's a fabulous plan. First of all, websites that promote any type of information related to living a healthier life, exercise, juicing, pills etc are one of the most searched topics on the internet. You will have plenty of competition but don't let that discourage you.

I think that people love to see practical application. If you start your personal plan, keep a journal and daily updates with videos, you could gain a lot of people coming back to your site daily just to see your progress. Your own content, your own youtube videos, will jump start your site for ranking. There are millions of people looking to loose weight every single day and your site could do very will with the right SEO optimization, and marketing.

Keep in mind that, once you get this ball rolling and have people following your success, you're kind of obligated to stick with it. If you are progressing, and you're sharing your progress on your site. Your visitors will want to see do it so they can do as well. So, make your plan, start your journal, create your videos, and share it all on your site. Just remember in doing so to be completely honest and simple.

Good luck and keep us posted

KC
    Thanks for the heads up KC, one of my first thoughts was keeping at it which I and many others have failed do on countless occasions.

And just what I had in mind for my hopeful business model.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mukesh View Post
    Really its a nice idea I think you should go for this and grab the opportunity. People love to watch video's and Youtube is a excellent way to promote and make base market. just go ahead. Good Luck
    Thanks Mukesh.. I myself have found myself returning to certain Youtuber's videos just because I like their style/personality/presence.

Quote Originally Posted by WebEminence View Post
    2-3 years to reach your target weight? I'm not sure that would be considered a very effective way to lose weight! There's a lot of competition out there in weight loss and many people want fast results so it would be tough to promote a 2-3 year option. I'm all for going for overall healthier eating instead of fad diets.
    Yeah it's a long road and I'd say 100 weeks to lose 200 pounds at a 2 pound per week average. It will be long to do it but I'd prefer to do that than lie about some miracle product which will help you lose 50 pounds in a week but you end up feeling like life isn't worth living.

I think my videos could have a very target audience and a few loyal supporters.

Many thanks all

Time to get some work done.

I may make this my diary and will update it when I make progress.

That sounds like a great idea, because imo, a lot of people want real advice and to see people who are doing things naturally. I think it could serve as wonderful inspiration for people who don't want to do the drastic things (lapband, gastric bypass, liposuction). I think when people see that being popular they tend to think that is the way to do it. And when they aren't the kind of people who are willing to take drastic steps, it can be a deterrent. That's just my opinion, of course, but I think your idea could give a lot of people who don't want fast fixes a lot of hope. I'm all for ideas that bring the best out in people and encourage them!

--Tasha

I'm with you on this idea, there is so much hype in many niche areas but not enough of the real deal examples showing week by week, year after year. I think it does take a while to lose weight, especially if you want to maintain it and keep it off, and it would be immensely helpful to other people (and yourself) to stick with it! If someone would keep it at a personal level, with at least week-to-week updates with videos and/or pictures, I believe it would be a great success! It's really difficult to change habits, and if you can BE the proof that it can be done...not only will people search for you, they will listen. Oh, and don't worry about bells and whistles....just write, write, write content, about what you are doing, eating, thinking, etc. that relates to losing weight. The content is what will get you traffic, the bells and whistles can come later...and down the road making money off of affiliate programs, etc. will be much easier to implement.
    Last edited by Crystal; 04-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks for the support.

I've just completed my first post here: http://Link removed, self-promotion ...rom it or not.

Hopefully there won't be any issue since I'm not actually promoting a product/service yet.

I think I'll change the Theme soon as it is starting to bore me. I will also have a go at making a cool banner of myself.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by James; 04-13-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Removed self-promotion link.

Default A couple of thoughts.

First, I agree that this is a crowded but not impossible field in which to thrive. People never give up hope and are always looking for something new. There are a couple of things I would keep in mind.

Most important is to make the sight very personal. People want to hear about people. Especially those who are succeeding but even about those who are struggling (that way they don't feel alone). You have to find a way to keep your site interesting. Stories about other people and stories about yourself will be essential. The facts about how to lose weight will be the same on most sites, your personal interest input will make or break your success.

The second thing I would suggest is that you do is to begin even now to share your experience. People will be just as interested in your daily experience dealing with this challenge now as later. You don't have to be in shape to write; you just have to be on your way. You may not achieve much with a plan to lose your first pound next week, but you will have a story to tell as you lose the first five pounds, just as you do when you lose the last five. And a lot more people can identify with it.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

You hit the nail on it's head..

I am one of those who would check weight loss sites and hated it when it was just... Do this and then that and you'll be ok. You never see the setbacks or successes during the program but a quick before/after which may be shopped.

Yes I have started writing now and my second post will be published in the next few minutes.

I'm really starting to like this

Thanks again for the advice people.

Just wanted to ask what I need to do next..

I heard you have to index your site, submit a directory(No idea) and what else.

Not asking to be spoon fed just want to know what I should do.

Thanks

If I were you, in fact if I were me and I am and I have, I would get a copy of Lisa's ebook guide for starting a WordPress site. You can check it out here.

It covers all the basics of what you need to do to see that you are getting off to a solid start.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Could I become an Affiliate and buy it from myself?

So I would only pay about $6..

I think that's a wonderful idea; I'm a sucker for an online journal, especially if it's something that relates to me, seems fun or piques my interest. I've done something similar in the past but wasn't very serious about the committment. In the future, I will pick it back up but am on to other things right now.

That said, I think you have a winner with that idea. I'm always listening to my friend tell me about her progress with her weight loss and I never get tired of her updates and I even find ways to encourage her. Sounds like you could wind up creating a nice sized community of folks who are interested in your topic and could progress/grow your site in different directions.

Good luck and would like to know what you've done with it
    Weeeeeeeeeeee!

That's a great idea. And I will be really interested to know the daily progress of your website. I hope to get that update from you in this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast