Thread: How to add my afffiliate code

Default How to add my afffiliate code

Hi,
    I have a question for all you fabulous web designers. I hope I can explain myself accurately.
    I have a knitting blog. I am an affiliate with Interweave press. They have a few choices to chose from for your links or banners. I have them on my site, however, I also have a page linking to a page on Interweave Press for their free patterns. Now if someone clicks on those free patterns it will take them to the website but my affiliate code is not in there. Is there a way I can add my affiliate code to those free patterns so if they click on the free patterns ( not my affiliate banners ) it will show my affiliate code as well.
    Long story short...if they click on the banners to go to Interweave Press I get paid if they buy something but....if they click on the free patterns I do not ( because it is not one of the links they provide.... but they could look at the free patterns and then go and buy something else while on the site but didn't get there form my banner link.
    Did I make myself clear enough for you to answer my question?
    My blog is http://www.lawsofknitting.com
    Thank you for your help,
    Joan

Hello Joan,

Looking at their link structure it appears that adding the following to the end of their links will do the trick:

Code:
    ?af=lawsofknitting
    Just it may be worth confirming that with them as otherwise you might end up sending them traffic that doesn't register you as the affiliate.

Jack
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts

I agree and have tested what jack said.

It should stay with the visitor while they shop your affiliate's site.

There are other way's of doing it, but this is the easy way.

Steve

Thank you so much Jack & Steve!!! I really appreciate your quick response. I was wondering if you could help me with something else? I asked this question on a different forum 4 days ago without an answer yet.. so maybe you all can help. If I should open a new thread for this question please let me know and I will. But, here is my question....
    I was told to add this code to my links so they open up in a new window target="_blank" I did and everything seems ok. They are opening up in a new window but.... I noticed in a lot of them I forgot to put the _ before the word blank. They are opening up into new windows, but should I go back and look thru my whole site and put the _ in where it is missing????
    http://www.lawsofknitting.com
    Thanks, Joan
    Last edited by Joan; 03-28-2012 at 02:50 PM.