How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Coming up with your content?

Default Coming up with your content?

How do you come up with the content that you put on your blog or website?

Quote Originally Posted by netsavy006 View Post
    Association and combination. That's how people come up with ideas for content. You associate or combine two ideas and find the relationships among them. I'll tell you one of my posts stories. I was browsing when I read about a plugin that display upcoming posts as a widget on your blog sidebar. I didn't pay much attention to it. A blogger wrote a very good comment on my blog and I visited her blog to return the favor. I discovered that she schedules posts. She wrote the upcoming post at the end of her posts. I remembered the plugin then. I said: "hmm, the plugin might be useful for some bloggers out there". So I wrote a whole post about how to install it and use it perfectly. She now use the plugin and it works perfectly well on her blog.

This is just an example. I believe all bloggers out there get ideas this way. Association and combination.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by netsavy006 View Post
    If you've chosen a subject for your blog that you're interested in, it shouldn't be too much trouble. However, writer's block is quite a common and difficult problem to overcome. Remember, coming up with content that you find interesting will most likely mean that your audience will also find it interesting, so it's important to come up with content naturally.

In essence, you need to find something that provokes an idea for some content you could write up. You could find this through browsing the web, in books or magazines, or even movies! There is no scientific approach to overcoming writer's block, unfortunately, which is why you just gotta relax and let the words flow naturally.

I write about stuff that I'm passionate about, so that really helps me write content. Also, I write about things that I enjoy learning about. So, I write about what I already have a passion for and what I love to learn new things about. When you write about something that's enjoyable to you, creating fresh content is no problem.

I just write. Then write some more. Then clean it up as I go along.

It really helps if you do a little research on whatever you're writing about...they may have some things that you haven't even thought about. But don't plagarize, put it in your own words.

And if you do get stuck with writer's block....stop, step slowly away from the computer and take a break. Give it about 10 minutes, then start writing on another topic. You can easily come back to the original topic later.

Also, if you're away from the computer, get a small notepad that you can carry everywhere with you. You can get some ideas and write them down so you'll remember them later.
    College Life Time
    http://collegelifetime.com
    After 2 years and 1 computer later, finally back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by MeetKevinMartin View Post
    I write about stuff that I'm passionate about
    When you right about something that you are really passionate about it keeps you going even when you do not feel like it. Also, as you continue to write your content and research you come up with sub-topics within your topic that you can write about. I am always on the lookout for sub-topics. Sometimes you have to do a little research to obtain some content. However, if its within your passion it should not pose too much of a problem.